Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think this team can consistently play good defense. It's much easier when your shots are falling and you can get back on defense.

Comment

• That's fair. Let's see what happens. They played decent D early in the second half against Indiana when the looks were good and the shots didn't fall. Responded to a couple of Indiana mini-runs and kept a significant lead. Played exactly how you're supposed to play.

Comment

• Sparty beat Iowa 77 - 66 Saturday night. Does that mean they understand the rivalry with the Hawkeyes?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• This'll really be one heck of a win. Wisconsin is fucking good.

Comment

• 7-0 run in less than a minute.

Comment

• Nice -- up 9. Irvin's hot, which is great because Wisconsin's done a great job shutting Walton down. I didn't think this was possible. Nice adjustment to start doubling Happ a few times.

Comment

• Happ with four fouls -- GO AT HIM!!!

Comment

• Oh fuck off with the blocking call. Showalter pushed off. We're at home. We get that fucking call.

Comment

• Nice! Great dagger by Mo. Super move in the second half to go with the sporadic double teaming of Happ. They slowed things down to the point where they knew where to go in Happ's passing lanes out of the post. Story of the game is those 4-5 possessions where they intercepted a Happ pass.

So, from here, well, time to play for seeding. Off the bubble. Finish strong and maybe even make the Sweet 16 without having to play a 1-3 seed.

Comment

• Huuuuuge.
                      Very good effort by the D again. Mo was great and Irvin finally did something.
                      In the first half, Teske was in the game and Wisconsin went on an 8-2 run. It seemed like every bad played involved Teske when he was in.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And in the second half Donnall actually participated positively. I get why he went with Teske, but IMO you probably needed to get him a lot more minutes in December if you wanted to try him situationally against a Wooden Award candidate in February. But they adjusted nicely in the second half. Nice to get Irvin going, nice to win with Walton shut down, nice to take down Wisconsin, even without Koenig. Great win. Now let's play for seeding. Would be so nice to avoid having to face an elite team the first weekend.

Comment

• There are very few, if any, elite teams this year.

Comment

• Very, very nice.

Another big test on Sunday.
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Whatever. I'd rather play whomever the 3 or 4 seed is in the second round than whomever the 1 or 2 seed is.

Comment

• Yes, a strong finish and a high seed are what I expect. Sunday's game is huge. We are tied for 6th/7th in B1G with Gophers, and probably only 6 B1G teams get in. Equally important, we don't want to get in as a low seed and get bounced in the first round. Close strong.

One thing I like about this team are the personalities. very likeable group.

Comment

Working...
                                X