Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Kstat had that coming. He's as dumb as the rest of us. Six weeks ago, when I was calling for Beilein's head, Kstat was talking about how Simpson is a more natural PG than Walton and that he can't wait for Walton to graduate. And then suddenly Walton became a two-way beast of a PG who is controlling games and putting the team on his back.

Things like that happen. You react to what you see at the time, and then something else unlikely happens and things are different. Kstat should have the good sense to know that, and to avoid pretending he is a clairvoyant and ignoring he was as wrong as anyone, so people aren't tempted to tell him off, but, again, he's as stupid as the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
      almost afraid to post this with the Beilein - M Basketball lovefest going on here, but I am not giving Beilein a pass for the substandard recruiter that he is. Once I saw the minimum bump that Beilein got after getting to the national championship game, it was pretty obvious that M was going to face a hard ceiling for where this program could go.

Someone who is obviously a good x/o's coach and a good developer of talent, should do better than the middling 4*'s and 3*'s that he is pulling in. Sure, he has a reasonably good eye for ascendent players and does develop his players ... but I don't think he should be given a pass for how this has translated to substandard recruiting.
      With his track record of turning 3*'s into NBA picks, he should be bringing in 5*'s on a regular basis now.... but they have no interest in playing for him.

Sure we are a hot team on a run this year, and we could even win it all (unlikely), but most years we are going to have no shot.

Sorry if my expectations are higher than most here. I am not calling for Beilein to be fired (which seems to be the sarcastic extreme position some are claiming is being taken here), but I don't see why he can't be held accountable for being a so-so recruiter and be asked to actually improve in this area. Enjoy the koolaid.
      IF we continue to get leadership on the court, and IF there is a defensive assistant around like Donlan, to handle that, then recruiting is the last piece of the puzzle. It's definitely an open question. I think there's been enough ink spilled so that everybody including Beilein know what needs to be done. We'll see what happens. Overall, I don`t know that we can expect to have a coach here who has no flaws. Duke can attract that kind of coach, or Kentucky, or a few other programs. Even some of the ones that can hire any coach they want don`t have a no-flaws coach. UCLA and UNC come to mind. Kansas too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
        almost afraid to post this with the Beilein - M Basketball lovefest going on here, but I am not giving Beilein a pass for the substandard recruiter that he is. Once I saw the minimum bump that Beilein got after getting to the national championship game, it was pretty obvious that M was going to face a hard ceiling for where this program could go.

Someone who is obviously a good x/o's coach and a good developer of talent, should do better than the middling 4*'s and 3*'s that he is pulling in. Sure, he has a reasonably good eye for ascendent players and does develop his players ... but I don't think he should be given a pass for how this has translated to substandard recruiting.
        With his track record of turning 3*'s into NBA picks, he should be bringing in 5*'s on a regular basis now.... but they have no interest in playing for him.

Sure we are a hot team on a run this year, and we could even win it all (unlikely), but most years we are going to have no shot.

Sorry if my expectations are higher than most here. I am not calling for Beilein to be fired (which seems to be the sarcastic extreme position some are claiming is being taken here), but I don't see why he can't be held accountable for being a so-so recruiter and be asked to actually improve in this area. Enjoy the koolaid.
        That's where I am too. A good summary. His player development is the best that we have had since at least before Steve Fisher. But his recruiting for the most part has been poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          Niffla and Whitley ....... please take your personal disagreement elsewhere.
          Then they would literally have no reason to be here... it's not like either of them have any interest in or knowledge of basketball whatsoever.

I personally don't care. They're just embarrassing themselves. I care what my wife thinks of me. I care what my family thinks of me. What a few no-lifers on an internet message board think of me occupies exactly 0% of my life. I feel nothing.
          Last edited by Kstat; March 22, 2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            Then they would literally have no reason to be here...
            The only time we see this kind of thing in this thread is when you're here. It doesn't have to be that way. The great thing about this forum is that you're less likely to see a conversation descend into shrill playground stuff. You can save that stuff for other places, and just let it be about basketball here.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              The only time we see this kind of thing in this thread is when you're here. It doesn't have to be that way. The great thing about this forum is that you're less likely to see a conversation descend into shrill playground stuff. You can save that stuff for other places, and just let it be about basketball here.
              I'm not the one resorting to shrill playground stuff...

Literally everything I've posted has been basketball related until the usual suspects (who haven't participated in this thread all year until now) once again decided to get personal with me in order to feel better about themselves. If you weren't so insecure about your poorly timed fire beilien rant maybe you'd see that this has fuck all to do with basketball. Or maybe not...
              Last edited by Kstat; March 22, 2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• You're right it has fuck all to do with basketball -- it has to do with you. It's what always happens when you get this way, and it's something that never happened in this particular thread until you arrived. Meanwhile Walton has been in a stretch of elite PG play here that is as fine as any at this school in quite possibly decades, making you look quite foolish, and yet here you are yammering away. Didn't have the sense to let sleeping dogs lie.

You haven't been here all season any more than Niffla or Whitley have. It's great that you show up and contribute during game threads, and you know your basketball, but please keep the other nonsense out. Nobody here's gonna quote your old Walton posts and rub it in your face. Everybody gets some right and some wrong. We're all adults and we know that, and you can and should be held to that same standard.

That's all from me on this. Ready for the next topic.

Comment

• One guy has a ten year grudge against me because I wouldn't sit next to him at comerica park over ten years ago and you want me to keep the "nonsense" out... LOL sorry not my responsibility.

BTW Oracle is the one that's been needling you over beilein for the last few weeks, not me. Why would I care? This run has been punishment enough...
                  Last edited by Kstat; March 22, 2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    The only time we see this kind of thing in this thread is when you're here.
                    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

The guy is toxic. He poisons every message board that he "contributes" to. And unfortunately (really, really unfortunately) for every Detroit/Michigan sports related board that there is, he's on. Every. Single. One. Ugh. It's impossible to find a Detroit board out there that's K-Stat free. Because believe me if there was, I'd be there. His heavy presence in the Pistons forum alone was enough to drive me completely away from that place after years of being there.

He's obviously an extreme narcissist who just thinks it's everyone else but him -- but man, even still, doesn't one at some point come to the epiphany that the one thing all these boards have in common...is him? Every board he's on he's the most despised guy on there. It's amazing, really.

Anyway, Jeff, I apologize. I'm done. I'm sorry for polluting this thread with this bullshit. Back to Michigan Basketball.

GO BLUE
                    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                      The guy is toxic. He poisons every message board that he "contributes" to. And unfortunately (really, really unfortunately) for every Detroit/Michigan sports related board that there is, he's on. Every. Single. One.
                      LMAO

I'm on two. That's all. Two. Unlike you, I actually have a life.

What a drama queen.

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                      Anyway, Jeff, I apologize. I'm done. I'm sorry for polluting this thread with this bullshit.
                      LOL No you're not. You're obviously as proud of yourself as you ever have been in your entire life. If it weren't so sad I might actually find some humor in it. And you're just going to do it again the next time life has you depressed and you go searching the internet for a way to feel better about yourself.

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                      Back to Michigan Basketball.
                      ....which you didn't even know existed until a month ago. Enjoy your charade
                      Last edited by Kstat; March 22, 2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• So Oregon...what's the forum feel on how we're going to perform on Thursday?

Boucher being out is a plus, but man they still got the Conference Player of the Year in Dillon Brooks. National Player of the Year candidate, too. All Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year Jordan Bell. And Dorsey was huge for them in surviving Rhode Island.

It's a tough game...although I guess they're all tough. Especially at this point.

Comment

• We'll win and then we'll lose in the Round of 8.

Comment

• Of course (obviously) I wanna see this ride keep going, and with the wave of momentum that they've been riding, with Wagner and DJ playing at the level that they're playing at, and of course Derrick, they're more than capable of keeping this amazing ride going -- but honestly I'd be happy with getting past Oregon and getting an honest shot at Kansas (assuming they beat Purdue, which is no gimmie).

If they got a shot at Kansas, and gave them their best shot (even in defeat)...there's no way I could be disappointed with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              We'll win and then we'll lose in the Round of 8.
                              Yeah assuming that it would be Kansas, man, that would be a tall, tall task. Even though this entire run has been damn near the stuff of fairy tales...it would seem likely that even this fairy tale would die at the feet of the Jayhawks...they're freaking good, man.

Comment

• So.... some of you wanted to fire you head coach mid season?

:::walks out of the room:::
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X