Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's a remarkable coach. A life-long learner in a profession of stubborn people who stick with what they learned in their youth. One mistake I made is that I stopped listening to him. He's good value with media -- he answers the question asked rather than one you didn't, and explains stuff, and there's no ego involved at all. In '13 and '14 I listened to almost everything available, and really learned. I guess in '14 and '15, not so much. But I bet it would have reassured me. All along he has known what the problems are and never failed to see them, like so many coaches can and do. It's taken longer than you'd hope for him to address them, but, then again, he has addressed them and in the process grown as a coach. Rare.

Comment

• When I was picking the tourney initially I had Oregon/Michigan in the Sweet 16.
      I picked against UM here because it really felt a bit too homerish. That being said the lack of the stud big for the Ducks (down to due Injury) is a big plus UM's way.

I think they have a puncher's chance here.

538 predictions right now:

vs. Oregon 57%
      Final Four 17%
      Championship Game 6%
      National Championship 3%
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I met John Beiein 9 years ago at a UM golf invitational and fundraiser near Benton Harbor. They had a nice meet and greet for the guests and I was lucky enough to get a one on one with Beilein for 5-10 minutes. What impressed me was he looked me right in the eye and gave me his full attention and was most gracious. I thought right then and there that he is a quality guy. Those things ultimately pay off.

Comment

• Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
          I met John Beiein 9 years ago at a UM golf invitational and fundraiser near Benton Harbor. They had a nice meet and greet for the guests and I was lucky enough to get a one on one with Beilein for 5-10 minutes. What impressed me was he looked me right in the eye and gave me his full attention and was most gracious.
          That's awesome, hodgkal. Yeah Beilein seems like a really class guy.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• For those that haven't seen this link at mgoblog, the cause of the aborted takeoff that was nearly a disaster for the M football team has been determined. Not pilot error. The elevator failed at rotation speed so no lift off. Brakes and thrust reversers were engaged at 173 KTS, we'll above a safe abort speed. Actually well handled by the crew. Who was sitting in the left and right seats is interesting.

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All's well that ends well, so I'm happy to hear that. But do you mean they were going too fast to safely abort, yet it was still the right call? Why?

Comment

• They couldn't get lift so no opportunity to lift off...

Only option was to abort takeoff, even if it was late.

Comment

• Michigan struggles but only down 2 heading at the half. Defense has been pretty good though.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• A bit alarming that they have a 2 guys in foul trouble, but 7 turnovers at halftime and a multitude of missed open shots aren't likely to repeat themselves.

They need to send an extra guy at Dillon Brooks. Robinson cant guard him.

Comment

• Tied at the half after a discombobulated first half with some terrible offense. This is OK.

Comment

• Neither team able to create any easy baskets. Lots of tough shot attempts thanks to very good defense from both teams.

Comment

• They got Wagner some looks from 3 but he's just totally off. He also panicked on that ball he got in the paint and kicked out after a few pump fakes. He may settle down, or might end up not very useful today.

I'm surprised they seem this bothered by Oregon's defensive pressure.

Comment

• No better this half. Same stuff. Looks like if it's gonna be a win it'll be a ground out, ugly win.

Comment

• Ducks are making more of the very rare open looks.

Comment

• Feel like a lot of negative plays have involved MAARs in this game.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X