Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Mo can work on his D because it really sounds like his offensive game is coming along nicely.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I still believe in Irvin as that explosive player, if he's healthy. But that's admittedly optimistic. There's a lot less talent now than there once was. Still -- if Donlan can make a difference on D, you've got a veteran backcourt that's not un-talented and really knows the offense, an elite 3 guy and some other excellent shooters, and a credible center in Donnal, and that's assuming nothing from Wagner. Another solid piece in Rakhman, and some other talented players that could be ready to contribute. That's plenty sufficient to make the tournament without worrying about being on the bubble.

Comment

I think Irvin is having a career arc like Jimmy King. I know his back injury slowed him last year and robbed his athleticism. But, even healthy this year, I don't think he's the kind of guy that can truly take over a game. He's just not that great with the ball. He's better coming off curls or catching and shooting. I'm also not sure he's 100%. He had a breakaway last night and opted for a soft slam. I might be making too much of that. Hopefully, so.

MAAR seems like the only one who can drive consistently. Maybe Walton can be the clutch player. He's had his moments and I certainly think we get everything out of him that he has to offer.

There's still not any player on the team that I think other teams truly fear. Still, if the pieces fit well together, this could be a sneaky-good team that finishes top 4 in the B1G.

Another note: Simpson and Watson looked okay. I don't expect a breakout season for either but they at least looked like they belonged on the floor. Watson had a nice finish through traffic for a dunk. X mostly played off the ball. Teske only played in the last minute or so and I'm not sure he touched the ball on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I hope Mo can work on his D because it really sounds like his offensive game is coming along nicely.
          He was very quiet in the first half but had a strong 2nd half. He had a nice reverse-layup off of a post-move, had a strong and-1 off an offensive rebound and made a 3.

Comment

Anyone else watching the Marquette game? I'm impressed.

Duncan Robinson as the 6th man looks like a great fit.

This is a good Beilein team. Mix of athletes and skill guys.

Comment

Zak Irvin finally looks ready to be a #1 guy.

38-20. I'm loving this.

Comment

Still the hard hedge and pick/roll but overall wow I like what I see. Much better defense.

Comment

Like the Simpson kid as walton's understudy. Good defender.

My first look at this team but I guess I picked a good night.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

They've doubled up Marquette. Wow.

Comment

Without Walton.

This would be the year to finally get that McDonalds all-american one/done wing. Frontcourt next year could be fantastic.

Comment

No real headline first round picks on this team (Irvin has an outside chance) but this is as deep a roster as Beilein's ever had. Quality backups at every position.

Can't wait to see them play SMU tomorrow night.

Comment

Beilein has vets running his offense. Execution should be great.

Comment

MO FREAKING WAGNER

Comment

DAMN!

Comment

Working...
                                X