Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure if that means we're out of the Mo Bamba sweepstakes or not. Hopefully not. That said, getting a seasoned PG takes a lot of pressure of of X.

Comment

• Bamba is long gone.

Comment

• So... Mark Donnal is gone.

Wonder if this means anything other than losing a scholarship kid that wasn't good.

Comment

• We knew this last summer.

Comment

• Indeed. That was expected.

Comment

• Yeah, that's been expected. The first grad-transfer since Horford that's decided to move to a school outside the B1G. Donnal will be playing for Clemson.

Comment

• Big week for the team here. Think Wagner is back either way, but if Wilson has a good week, won't shock me to see him go.

Comment

• WTKA roundtable notes that Bamba is waiting to see who goes and who stays. But Jarrett Allen is is no matter what. Hired an agent. So why is Bamba waiting? If Wilson goes, maybe we make a final push?

Comment

• Perhaps Bamba would prefer Michigan to Texas, if we have a spot for him to start right away. But what about Kentucky, the 3rd school in the mix for Mo?

Comment

• There's still doooook too. UK did just get a verbal over the weekend from a 6'9" kid but I guess he's a small forward.

Comment

• Right. Sorry. Giles is out too, and hired an agent. So if he was wondering about an early-entry candidate there who would influence his decision, he doesn't have to wait.

Maybe it means he's not that serious about academics, and he's deciding between Kentucky and Texas either way.

Comment

• Texas is a good school.

Comment

• Here's an article on the prospects, as they head into the Draft Combine.

The NBA Draft Combine is this week in Chicago, here's the latest on the NBA Draft stock of Michigan's three participants: DJ Wilson, Moritz Wagner and Derrick Walton.

It still seems like most project Wilson above Mo but his overall evaluations still seem to put him in the 2nd round. I still feel a little bit of a GRIII-vibe, where the info may not matter. If DJ does well in the combine and starts hearing late-first instead, he may make the leap. I don't think he's ready but if you're that close to your goal, it might be too tempting.

I think Mo is coming back for sure.

If DJ goes and Bamba doesn't come, Michigan is back to being a top 20-35 team. If he goes and Bamba does come, they're top 10-range. If he stays and Bamba comes (I'm not sure how they sort out scholarships then), top 5. If DJ stays and Bamba goes elsewhere, anywhere from top 5-15. PG is still a bit of a question but Simmons shores things up a lot.

Comment

• Simmons shores up the PG concerns; if DJ & Mo come back the lack of a go-to wing (MAAR/Poole, Matthews/Robinson) becomes much less of an issue. Safely 3-5 seed in NCAA's and should contend for B1G. If DJ & Mo return, I really like the '17-'18 team.

Comment

• Good analysis, guys. I think DJ and Moe come back, while Mo goes elsewhere. (I have a sister whose nickname is Mo.)

Comment

Working...
                                X