Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be curious to see if Mo Wagner's going to make the next step. He's gotten stronger, judging from the Camp Sanderson tweet from last week, but I couldn't tell how much bigger.

Comment

Put up or shut up.

Comment

Went through things quickly and I came up with 31-0
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

In an obviously less optimistic area of the world, Lindy's Sports picks Michigan to finish 7th in the B1G.

Comment

Look like top 20, the problem is this should be a 'peak' type season for JB with plenty of upperclassman. Mo Wagner's development will be key.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              In an obviously less optimistic area of the world, Lindy's Sports picks Michigan to finish 7th in the B1G.
              If he is right then Beilein needs to go..

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                Look like top 20, the problem is this should be a 'peak' type season for JB with plenty of upperclassman. Mo Wagner's development will be key.
                It's tough because none of the upperclassmen are NBA-prospects. Maybe Irvin could be but I don't think the other areas of his game have developed greatly. I think Walton's just too small. The other guys are just role-players. I think they'll be pretty much what they were last year (20-22 wins by selection Sunday) but, like you said, Mo is the key. If he makes a decent leap (and everyone stays healthy for a change), they can contend for a B1G title.

Comment

It's been a long time since somebody took the sophomore leap. Two years without. But, still -- upperclassmen dominate and two ballhandlers able to initiate the pick-and-roll offense. This should be a classic system team that wins because it executes at a very high level to the very end of the game. At least on offense. IOW, what Beilein wants.

My hope is that Wagner does blossom, because that kicks it up a level for sure. And because he plays with passion, unlike the others (save for maybe Walton).

Additional sixth gear possible if Donlon's changes on defense inject some energy. I know it's just an intangible, but the passivity on defense they have played with seems to have contributed to those spirals, especially when shots weren't falling. When shots aren't falling they've had no Plan B to fall back on. I hope they'll play looser on offense if they play harder on defense. Less likely to take the first look available, more likely to be patient when the shots aren't falling.

If this doesn't work -- give it two seasons -- then it's really time for a change. And that does not mean going back to Jordan or Alexander if they succeed in their new jobs. Need new blood.

Comment

2 more years without any of these things and I probably agree:

A) A B1G title (RegSeas or Tourney)

B) A trip to the Sweet 16

C) Landing a top-20 recruit

I think Beilein is very good but I'd prefer to be a slight cut above what Wisconsin or tOSU does in hoops. I think he's been right on that level.
                    Last edited by *JD*; September 9, 2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

A screen grab from a promotional video gives a little preview of what the new Jumpman jerseys will look like. I do approve of the trim. Hopefully, the rest is on par.

Comment

I hope they don't stick with that stupid font used for the football jerseys. Except for the 4. I'm fine with that little tweak.

Comment

I would guess that they probably will go with that font but I can't say for sure whether the same font has been used for all teams each year. That's not something that I paid attention to.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            A screen grab from a promotional video gives a little preview of what the new Jumpman jerseys will look like. I do approve of the trim. Hopefully, the rest is on par.

My only little bit of worry here is that there might be something going on with the left (camera right) shoulder. It looks like the Jumpman is on the right but I see something yellowish going on at about the same level. If it's a block M, it would be kind of strange to have that right above the MICHIGAN across the chest.

EDIT: Maybe it's just the B1G logo?

Comment

I thnk M should put a silhouette of Lawrence Taylor on the basketball unis. Think of it as ironic mirroring.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Certainly it's nice to be the only guy in first-class, but before I mock this particular economy-class Nike customer, does anyone know how long we have the Jumpman exclusive?

Comment

Working...
                                X