Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing you didn't take Bo's advice on winning bowl games

Comment

What was his advice, DSL? "Stay over the Mendoza line and you're good."?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"Visualize a Rick Venturi Northwestern team and you'll be fine"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          "Visualize a Rick Venturi Northwestern team and you'll be fine"
          Heh.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

NCAA = Lairs!!!

shit...wrong moniker...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Some programs need to learn from the SEC how to cheat and hide that shit.
              This. But you're screwed unless it's embraced by the program's culture.

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I have no idea what Ole Miss actually did or didn't do. Just message board stuff from Sk8terBoy1993 types. Certainly not enough actual evidence to elevate my stance on OM's infractions here (or generally) to more than just idle gossip. And considering I'm not a teenaged girl, I tend to avoid gossip. I'll read the report when it comes out. The same as I did with ND's, Nebraska's a few years back, and the paragraph on UNC.

LMAO!! yes... "rumors" Is that the new word for people admitting they're receiving cash from a school. "rumors"... LOL
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

The UNC thing cracks me up, 18 years of wrongdoing and there will be nothing of significance. Jerry Tarkanian was absolutely correct.

Comment

agree... cooperation is a fools game.

Comment

I haven't followed the Ole Miss case that much because I really don't care (why in god's name would I?). But all of what I have seen so far are message board acqusations and tweets - and a quote or two by a former player that badly needed a cross and follow-up. How much money was given in total and from who and to whom? Was it recruiting-based for a prospect or "humanitarian" for a current player? Is it ongoing and systemic or an isolated event? What is the hard eveidence, the paper trail? Tons of questions to have to be asked and answered before judgement and sentence are passed.

HOWEVER, If there is incontrovertible evidence and a transcript of a legit admission from a non-apocryphal source, then good for the NCAA. Should be open and shut. I still won't care very much. I'll read the NCAA judgment and move on.

As for ranking the 'dirtiest schools in football' on message board rumor or gossip, yeah, I have no interest. Absent hard evidence or first-hand knowledge, It's high school level gossip to me. Like someone named Madison or Ashley making a list of the sluttiest girls in her school who all happen to be cheerleaders. And even with evidence it's not like proves innocence or guilt before or after that specific episode. It's like Madison exclaiming, "See! I told you she was a slut!" and assuming that it proves all cheerleaders are sluts, past, present, and future.

Comment

LOL... moral superiority deflection

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          The UNC thing cracks me up, 18 years of wrongdoing and there will be nothing of significance. Jerry Tarkanian was absolutely correct.

UNC was interesting. Supposedly, the no-show classes were available to the general student body which did not made it "illegal" in the NCAA's eyes.

How they explained it was "If we give $1000 cash to just each member of the football team, it's a penalty. If we give $1000 cash to every student on campus, then it's okay."

Kind of ingenious. Thats why Bama is now giving $10k to each Freshman admitted. (Kidding entropy. Kidding. Settle down).

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            LOL... moral superiority deflection
                            Sigh.

Nope. Just refusal to pass judgment without hard evidence. I'm gossip-adverse. Always have been. You do you, though.

Comment

LAIRS!!! ALL OF YOUSE!!!

Hello
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Shaddup!

Comment

Working...
                                X