Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    The "We Hate" pecking order as far as Michigan fans is as follows ..

1. Ohio State - duh

2. Michigan State

3. Notre Dame

4. USC

5. The SEC (pick-em)

There is no debate for 1-3, but USC will make the top five every time.
    This is correct. The other top 5 slot is awarded on an "as-needed" basis.

Comment

• SEC above USC at this point. They fluctuate based on douchbaggedness at the time. SEC is killing USC in that regard right now. And I guess it's not just that, because 99/100 SEC has douchbaggedness covered handily. USC might just pass them on annoyingness.

Comment

• I hate all SEC schools except Bama. If Hitler College was playing LSU, I would be doing the Sieg Heil and growing that funny mustache in support.

I also do not like ND. Fairly ambivalent towards the rest of CFB. I do like Ohio State in the B1G (which will make me even MORE popular here), because of a friend of mine who went there. So, yeah...
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When we always lost to USC in the Rose Bowls that we used to play in when we were good, USC was #2 for awhile but for now they are a distant #5. I'd put ND at #2 when the rivalry resume; before Sparty became really good and we became Sparty for nearly a decade, the ND rivalry was an excellent one and a far bigger game than Sparty.

Sparty is pretty damn close to the SEC at #3 or #4, for now I'd put them slightly above given M's imitation of Sparty recently.

1. Buckeyes
          2. Notre Dame (come '18, '19)
          3. Sparty
          4. SEC
          5. USC

If we start losing to SEC or USC in major bowl games that we used to play in, their positions could move up/down.

Comment

• So, you'd rather lose to Wisconsin (or whomever) than Bama? That's hard for me to
            understand.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If we lose to Wisconsin, Nebraska, Rutgers or Maryland it's because we aren't as good as we should be. HARBAUGH! is here to fix that.

Comment

• Geez, revisiting the USC vs Alabama discussion for a 2nd time in this forum already... like we thoroughly discussed a week ago? (it's a good thing).
                My point: with all the early discussion about that game, USC vs Bama better be a close game.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  If we lose to Wisconsin, Nebraska, Rutgers or Maryland it's because we aren't as good as we should be. HARBAUGH! is here to fix that.
                  Exactly. When we're right those teams don't matter

Comment

• I get that, but losing to those teams guts me. Take the Ole Miss debacle. We still won the West, the SEC, and the NC, but losing to those assclowns from Oxford pisses me off greatly.

Comment

• Oh I hear that. We had richrod, member?

Comment

• RR? Despite Josh Grobin and tears, he was alright. It was Brandon and Hoke, the about face from what Martin sensibly tried with Rodriquez that set M's program back the most.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If only RR had not backed out of the Alabama deal at the 11th hour... What a different world we'd be living in.

Comment

• Things would be drastically different everywhere indeed.
                            Michigan might not have Jim Harbaugh as head coach in 2016 if Rich Rodriguez was hired at Alabama in 2007, but who can know.
                            Les Miles and Greg Schiano declined Michigan in 2007. After Rodriguez, I think the candidates were Gary Pinkel, Jeff Tedford, and Brian Kelly? At least through the media, that's who people were thinking would be a good fit.

Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke can be thought of as the "Star Wars prequels." Their awfulness lets us appreciate things more today.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• In what ways was rr alright?

Comment

• That was a typo by Jeff. Because nobody wants to rehash this. Ever. Again.

Comment

Working...
                                X