Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    That was a typo by Jeff. Because nobody wants to rehash this. Ever. Again.
    No, let's .....

Denard

Frankly, at the time Martin offered and hired Rich Rodriguez, he was considered a rising star with a track record to prove it.

There were three things that, in my mind, got him: (1) He fucked up when he allowed his buddies to undermine Scott Schaffer. (2) Martin fucked up when he wouldn't spring for the dough RR needed to bring Jeff Casteel with him. (3) Lloyd Carr.

There's plenty of room for argument here but, on balance, under different circumstances, I believe RR could have succeeded at M. Not withstanding his imbecility when the pressure was on. Remove those pressures, provide him with an environment where Carr loyalist weren't working to undermine him and I think he had a better than average chance to succeed.

Besides, Denard Robinson was one hell of a good football player; the kind of guy who you can build a program around. RR never got the chance to do that.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All I can remember from the RRod era is how Wisconsin held the ball on offense for more than a full quarter, and how inept the Michigan defense had become.

Would Casteel have made a difference? I don't think so. Rodriguez doesn't seem to get the importance of a strong defense, especially when it comes to playing in the Big Ten.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        No, let's .....

Denard

Frankly, at the time Martin offered and hired Rich Rodriguez, he was considered a rising star with a track record to prove it.

There were three things that, in my mind, got him: (1) He fucked up when he allowed his buddies to undermine Scott Schaffer. (2) Martin fucked up when he wouldn't spring for the dough RR needed to bring Jeff Casteel with him. (3) Lloyd Carr.

There's plenty of room for argument here but, on balance, under different circumstances, I believe RR could have succeeded at M. Not withstanding his imbecility when the pressure was on. Remove those pressures, provide him with an environment where Carr loyalist weren't working to undermine him and I think he had a better than average chance to succeed.

Besides, Denard Robinson was one hell of a good football player; the kind of guy who you can build a program around. RR never got the chance to do that.
        LOL. RR was not alright. None of the above backs that up.

Comment

• It was not Lloyd's fault Wisconsin ran the ball 25 straight plays for 8 yards a pop.

RR had a fun gadgety offense and that's it.

Comment

• Enough blame to go around. Lloyd didn't leave any margin for error.

Comment

• Lloyd had this program headed for mediocrity after his '07 players graduated, and/or left early.

Comment

• Mike is correct. That was a typo and we are not going to talk about this anymore.

Comment

• Carr did lead Michigan to 3 Rose Bowls in 5 years to end his Michigan coaching career.
                  See how sentences can be misleading?

Can't forget that f***ing 2005 Alamo Bowl too... F*** that.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    All I can remember from the RRod era is how Wisconsin held the ball on offense for more than a full quarter, and how inept the Michigan defense had become.

Would Casteel have made a difference? I don't think so. Rodriguez doesn't seem to get the importance of a strong defense, especially when it comes to playing in the Big Ten.
                    At least the Badgers didn't rush for like 900 yards on you...just saying...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      At least the Badgers didn't rush for like 900 yards on you...just saying...
                      Are you sure? I lost track after a zillion.

Comment

• No no no...the zillion yard game was Wisconsin vs. Nebraska. They only had a million versus M...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Finebaum: Coach, if you had two players, one was picked up for a DUI and the other got pulled over with drugs and an stolen gun in the vehicle, which one would you be more likely to suspend?

Saban: Which one's the first-stringer?

Comment

• BR Tiger? Is that you?

Taylor was a projected starter.

Would have started more last year, but got into trouble. This isn't his first rodeo.

The others were not charged. Case dismissed.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Coach spoke with the young man and asked how he came by a stolen gun and was satisfied with his response. It's being handled internally and we will discuss it no further.

Comment

• He didn't have a stolen gun, and there were no charges filed no matter how chagrined that makes you.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X