Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz,

He did command it.

14 And Saban went forth, and saw a great multitude of linemen, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he provided Gatorade.

15 And when it was evening, his players came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the room is hot; we must go to where it is cool.

16 But Saban said unto them, They need not depart; I will make it cool.

17 And they say unto him, We have here but five fans and two portable ACs.

18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

19 And he commanded the players to sit down In the lockerroom, and took the five fans and the two portable ACs and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and and gave the fans and ACs to his assistants, and the assistants to the players.

20 And they did turn them on; and all were cooled.

21 And they that had cooled about 75 players, besides coaches and trainers.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...as long as he keeps the Sabbath holy...I'm ok with that...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...not your best work...I'll give it a 6.5 though...

...we may never pass this way again...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          ...not your best work...I'll give it a 6.5 though...

...we may never pass this way again...
          The source material sucked.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• BLASPHEMY!!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              It depends if you get Jekyll NCAA or Hyde NCAA. They skewered Bama because Antonio Langham signed a cocktail napkin and got $300 from an agent after the 1992 Sugar Bowl. They said Stallings knew, he denied it and there was never any proof - to which the NCAA famously told Bama in our appeal, 'we don't need proof, this isn't a court of law. We're the NCAA.'
              That was a generation ago and it is no longer relevant.

Comment

• Yer no longer relevant
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  That was a generation ago and it is no longer relevant.

Disagree completely. While the NCAA appears to have shifted at times, there has been no written policy change, and they will still flip back to Old Testament justice.

To be sure, there are more recent examples of the NCAA's special brand of justice. Alabama had to vacate 21 football games after a glitch in our textbook loan program allowed 7 football players to borrow extra books in 2006-7.

The NCAA conceded that none of the players borrowed the books for profit (UA does not give textbooks; they loan them and the student must return it), that all players paid restitution for the cost of the unapproved rental, then they praised the university for finding the glitch and reporting it, but still made us vacate 21 fucking games.

FSU, interestingly, only had to vacate 12 games for a fake music class and cheating scandal in the same tine frame.

There are plemty of other examples.

Comment

• There are at least a half dozen examples in more recent memory of programs getting caught red-handed cheating in ways that provided them a significant competitive advantage and getting no punishment for it.

Also -- LOL at "vacated victories" as punishment. It is a fake punishment specifically engineered to not be that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      There are at least a half dozen examples in more recent memory of programs getting caught red-handed cheating in ways that provided them a significant competitive advantage and getting no punishment for it.

Also -- LOL at "vacated victories" as punishment. It is a fake punishment specifically engineered to not be that.
                      Again, we disagree. At least in part.

I am not an expert on the "programs getting caught red-handed cheating in ways which provided significant advantage" because I never went to the trouble to order the NCAA's COI report. I never cared enough to research it. Since you apparently did your due diligence on said cases, I will concede the point that the NCAA has given some soft punishment. That doesn't mean they always do. As long as you do know the detailed workings of the unnamed cases you mention and aren't going on message board rants, sportstalk radio, and PTI.

That said, for fans of traditional programs with history, numbers matter. Vacated wins drop Bama from #2 all-time to #5. Win streaks and series records matter. At least to me and most serious fans. UA would have much rather have forfeited a few scholarships, but this case should have had no punishment whatsoever. And that's the point.
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 26, 2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Pitino will be out tomorrow, probably.

Comment

• He's out

Comment

• AA, serious question cause I dunno. Does Avery Johnson have anything to worry about here? He's bringing in a ridiculous class by their standards based on just a little success.

Comment

• Nah, nothing I have heard. He is a tireless recruiter, and he sells his NBA ties.

And really, you look at 2018, no one, 2017, one 5-star, two 4-stars, and two three-stars. 2016: Two 4-stars. Nothng earth-shattering.

Especially considering Bama is the second winningest founding SEC member team.

Comment

• I don't think you have to worry about a paper trail in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X