Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though the memories are fading, Tennessee is a traditional power. They have more all-time wins and a higher win% than LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and any team not named Bama in the SEC.

The last thing I need or want is a competent Vol team. They are Bama's Rival Uno.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They live off of Private Neyland. Which, I guess, is better than living off Yost. But, still.

The problem they have is that Dabo, Kirby and The Nick make it very problematic for them to recruit in their traditional hotbeds.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Before this year started, Tennessee had more all-time wins than Southern Cal. Now, they are dead even. 833 to 833. Vol fortunes have really suffered the last 10 years or so and I am a fan. A continued downward sloping oranged-hued trend line is what will make America great again!
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• hateful
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If it's MAGA or MATA, we have to pick the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              They live off of Private Neyland. Which, I guess, is better than living off Yost. But, still.

The problem they have is that Dabo, Kirby and The Nick make it very problematic for them to recruit in their traditional hotbeds.

They were top 10 in win percent and wins for 50 years after Neyland retired and much of that was spent recruiting against Vince Dooley and Paul Bryant. Hell, recruiting hasn't been the huge issue you'd think it would be under Butch Jones and the rest. Just no development or discipline. And coaches that are not even in the same area code as competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                This is ... SHOCKING.

My joy in this comes from all the dumbassed Tennessee people that think just because Brohm went 6-6, he wouldn’t be a good hire.
                When in reality, what Brohm did year 1 was borderline incredible. A roster made up of 70th ranked recruiting class talent for 5 years and a team that won four B10 games in four years. Brohm made Purdue competitive in every game.

Tennessee would have to offer a really nice package because Brohm is a top 30 highest paid coach, is getting nice renovations at Purdue, and has the full backing of the fanbase.
                Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 29, 2017, 12:11 PM. Reason: Spell Check
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Tennessee reportedly offered Gundy $8mil/year.

Comment

• Purdue fans should -- can I use the plural there? -- anyway -- If there is anyone out there that Boilers Up!!!! then they should take to twitter post haste and commence with rumors that Brohm worked for Sandusky and Paterno.

There's still time, Cody!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh.

Comment

• I'm gonna change my ways the next few days or so. It's gonna be tough, but I am not gonna insult or be mean spirited or any of that stuff. Maybe this positive karma will get Bama in the cfp so Bama can get a chance at revenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          This is ... SHOCKING.

My joy in this comes from all the dumbassed Tennessee people that think just because Brohm went 6-6, he wouldn?t be a good hire.
                          When in reality, what Brohm did year 1 was borderline incredible. A roster made up of 70th ranked recruiting class talent for 5 years and a team that won four B10 games in four years. Brohm made Purdue competitive in every game.

Tennessee would have to offer a really nice package because Brohm is a top 30 highest paid coach, is getting nice renovations at Purdue, and has the full backing of the fanbase.

I checked out the comments on the footballscoop tweet. Tenn fans are not happy about this latest development. Like I said, Brohm would be better off waiting.

also.. I think Tenn fans are wrong about him only being a 6-6 coach. I guess like their AD, the fans only go as far back as they feel necessary..
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I'm gonna change my ways the next few days or so. It's gonna be tough, but I am not gonna insult or be mean spirited or any of that stuff. Maybe this positive karma will get Bama in the cfp so Bama can get a chance at revenge.

You're sandbagging didn't work. You know bama is next in line.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I'm gonna change my ways the next few days or so. It's gonna be tough, but I am not gonna insult or be mean spirited or any of that stuff. Maybe this positive karma will get Bama in the cfp so Bama can get a chance at revenge.
                              typical Scottish reasoning

after being thoroughly dominated by a superior auburn team gotta admire the old let me have one more chance mentality

really the talent I saw that game be better off matched up against a a TCU or a mchigan type game--ya know something to get some of your swagger back

Comment

• Good post, Crash!!!1

Comment

Working...
                                X