Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's 141-55 as a HC at Okie State and LSU and has won a NC. He was 62-28 in the SEC. And he's a great guy.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It certainly looks like Jimcro is off to College Station. That means Florida State throws its hat into the ring for a coach. Which means the Vals are even further back in the pecking order.

This has been the most enjoyable coaching search/hiring process I can remember since, say, 2012.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Bama beats a tough LaTech team tonight to improve to 6-1. The Bulldogs were 5-0 heading into this game and had a 73 RPI.

We play UCF next. Another no name top 100 RPI team. Not sure I like playing these good no names.

It's good tourney seeding strategy. It's better for your fancystats than playing the 200th ranked team, but you still have very little chance at losing.

Comment

• Well, we had a real chance at losing. We were down by 10 early and ended up winning 77-74, LaTech had the ball and clanged a nearly made three at the end. UT-Arlington was the same way.

UCF, who we play next, went to Lincoln and took the Cornhuskers lunch money. Now, I know UNL isn't a basketball power, but I guess I am saying if we have to play a tough game, it would be nice if it were a name team. Or am I looking at this too much through football optics?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            It certainly looks like Jimcro is off to College Station. That means Florida State throws its hat into the ring for a coach. Which means the Vals are even further back in the pecking order.

This has been the most enjoyable coaching search/hiring process I can remember since, say, 2012.

It's awesome. I just hope they don't screw around and get it right at the end.

Comment

• I think that ship may have sailed with Brohm. The NCS coach is meh. I'm still trying figure out why that team got as much run as it did this year.

My absolute fucking dream scenario would be that retain Hoke after striking out in multiple time zones.

Meanwhile, a school like UCLA gets Chipper -- I'm sure UT fans think they have a better job than Westwood. It also looks like Arizona State is going to get a legitimate coach -- I'm not sure how Herm will do in the college ranks, but he has some bona fides. In their own conference, Florida was able to peel off Mullen and aTm looks like it's going to snatch up Jimcro. Even Mississippi State got what appears to be at least an attractive roll of the dice.

That leaves Arky and the Vals fucking around kicking tires on god knows who.

Comment

• The Vol fan tboughts are exactly the reason UCLA is the better job.

I don't get Fisher to A&M.

Comment

• The word is that Arkansas is gonna make a run at Malzahn.

The Vols are petulant children. This morning the first story I read was sime guy suggesting Les Miles to Knoxville. I would truly hate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    The Vol fan tboughts are exactly the reason UCLA is the better job.

I don't get Fisher to A&M.
                    He is apparently very thin-skinned and took great umbrage at reading fan and media commentary on their shitball season.

Comment

• All, I know is he -and FSU- pissed me off. They were a consensus top 5 team heading into the season, then tanked. Yeah, yeah, I know he lost Francois, but that doesn't excuse a 6-6 mark. Bama lost 117 linebackers and still managed 11-1.

Because of their shitball season, Bama's marquee wins are MissState and LSU - which hurts us greatly.

Comment

• The word is that Arkansas is gonna make a run at Malzahn
                        Forgot about this. I'm actually inclined to believe Gus makes the move -- without an ounce of inside knowledge. It just seems like Auburn is always going to be a hot seat for him even when he wins. He'd be the goddamn king of the NWA if goes there.

All, I know is he -and FSU- pissed me off
                        Any mention of Alabam"Alum" shitlists must include mention of broke ass, single mother of 6 Cheesecake Factory Waitress, William Faulkner, upstate NY agricultural and hotel bellhop schools, David Shula, the entire state of Mississippi and any man damn fool enough to besmirch Paul Morphy.

An exclusive club to be sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Or am I looking at this too much through football optics?
                          I think that might be the case.

Mind you, I am largely going by what other people tell me about fancystats for basketball. But supposedly playing mediocre mid majors is a good tourney seeding strategy. Your SOS and your RPI get murdered if you play Arkansas Pine Bluff instead of VCU. The risk-reward relationship makes it worth playing the mid major that can pull the upset versus the rent-a-win.

Or so I'm told.

Comment

• Gus played HS ball in Arkansas and still has a lot of family there. His Arkansas ties run deep.

He was a WR for the Hogs for two years before xfering to Henderson State (in Arkansas) for playing time, became an Arkansas HS coach for many years before becoming an assistant at Arkansas under Houston Nutt, left in anger and became the HC at Arkansas State ...then to Auburn.

Auburn is dysfunctional. Fire a moderately successful Tuberville, get Chizik (who wins a NC), hire Gus (who has taken them to a NC game), and fire the AD and suggest he might be next.

Comment

• Any mention of Alabam"Alum" shitlists must include mention of broke ass, single mother of 6 Cheesecake Factory Waitress, William Faulkner, upstate NY agricultural and hotel bellhop schools, David Shula, the entire state of Mississippi and any man damn fool enough to besmirch Paul Morphy.

Also, lol, nice work. It was Brio's Tuscan Grill(e), though. The rest is accepted and acknowledged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                I think that might be the case.

Mind you, I am largely going by what other people tell me about fancystats for basketball. But supposedly playing mediocre mid majors is a good tourney seeding strategy. Your SOS and your RPI get murdered if you play Arkansas Pine Bluff instead of VCU. The risk-reward relationship makes it worth playing the mid major that can pull the upset versus the rent-a-win.

Or so I'm told.
                                Ahh. Well, I wish we could find some mid majors with decent RPIs not named LaTech and UT-Arlington. They both were crazy good, or Bama is mediocre, at best.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 30, 2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X