Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    These things matter in a thread with my name in it. I have fans and a reputation.
    You have fans that can read?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Bama graduation requirements include Hooked-On-Phonics. This should make osu proud as imitation is the highest form of flattery.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          Not too many of the B1G folks to be honest. For them I act out my posts with interpretive dance. For the OSU folks I make a series of clicks and whistles.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            Bama graduation requirements include Hooked-On-Phonics. This should make osu proud as imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Look, it was a M guy who penned the thread title and all the grammatical mistakes. Decorum prohibits me from mentioning his name (Jeff).
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ahh, the illiterate U.P. hilljack ex-pat drunk on Moosehead returneth. )
              We try to keep it civil here. That approach tends to produce better dialogue. Most of us posting on this site don't post or engage in repartee involving personal attacks. Want to talk sass about M, fine. About other posters and on a personal level, not so fine.

I'd add that there's an occasional post that can be read as a personal attack that gets by. The world is not a perfect place. OTH, posts that are overtly stupid, wrong, misleading and not fact or evidence based deserve to be called out.

Like we've told others here who like to pile on, gentlemen engaging in a duel serve themselves and this forum best if the round whizzes by your opponent's ear instead of hitting him square between the eyes.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Heh. I collect coins, too! Mostly American Civil War era or before, though.
                This explains much.

*Not a personal attack*

#isupportthismessage

Comment

Hmmm...

Well, that was (to me) obviously a mild jest of a post. Not sure which part earned such a warning: hilljack? Moosehead? U.P.? Illiterate? (which is obviously a silly taunt because this is a message board you read) and, regardless, it certainly didn't carry the weight of say "dickhead" or other similar epithet. FWIW, a "hilljack" is a time-honored badge once only assigned to Tennessee fans but has become a playful taunt meaning the antithesis of urbane.

Nonetheless, feel free to mothball this thread.

Comment

It's your thread. It stays and has the potential to be a good one. You're welcome here. What you do with our recommendations is up to you.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post

heh..
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                        This explains much.

*Not a personal attack*

#isupportthismessage

I so wanted to Dixie flag that post...
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Hmmm...

Well, that was (to me) obviously a mild jest of a post. Not sure which part earned such a warning: hilljack? Moosehead? U.P.? Illiterate? (which is obviously a silly taunt because this is a message board you read) and, regardless, it certainly didn't carry the weight of say "dickhead" or other similar epithet. FWIW, a "hilljack" is a time-honored badge once only assigned to Tennessee fans but has become a playful taunt meaning the antithesis of urbane.

Nonetheless, feel free to mothball this thread.
                          I've seen nothing offensive in anything you've posted.

And if anyone should be offended by the term "hilljack", it would be me.

And, I'm not.

My father's entire family tree is from eastern Kentucky. Grandpa worked in the coal mines around Harlan County until after he was trapped in a cave-in, and managed to survive. He decided that his son, (my dad) wasn't going to work in the coal mines, and moved to Michigan to work in the auto factories.

I make fun of Kentucky folks all the time, because I have Kentucky bloodlines, and my dad's family poke fun at themselves all the time.

So, its all good. I see this as good natured banter, and all I've asked is that we keep things close to civil.

Proceed ...
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

The problem, as I see it, is twofold. First, unless you were draft eligible for WWII, you don't have firsthand knowledge of M as relevant CFB power. M fans are, more or less, akin to jackwagons touting Portugal's greatness on the back of Da Gama. Second, AlabamAlum is an asstard. His existence contradicts Darwin, Jebus, all basic laws of nature and the Constitution. Mixing the two is worse than mixing OP, hack, several cosmopolitans and the musical stylings of the Earth Wind and Fire.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              The problem, as I see it, is twofold. First, unless you were draft eligible for WWII, you don't have firsthand knowledge of M as relevant CFB power. M fans are, more or less, akin to jackwagons touting Portugal's greatness on the back of Da Gama. Second, AlabamAlum is an asstard. His existence contradicts Darwin, Jebus, all basic laws of nature and the Constitution. Mixing the two is worse than mixing OP, hack, several cosmopolitans and the musical stylings of the Earth Wind and Fire.
                              Somebody doubled-down at the expresso machine this morning...

Comment

Espresso? No... That is Talent's usual response to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X