Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I am good when those roles are reversed, too.
    Yup. You're really good at that.

Comment

• Are you new to this place AA?
      Lol, Froot. LOL.

Absolute truths: (1) M always gets screwed; occasionally they're actually just not as good as the other team, but the margin is bigger because of the screwjob; and (2) NEXT YEAR!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And I actually didn't watch one play of the CG. I checked the score on my phone when I went to bed and assumed Bama's offense was dead and my Georgia play was safe. BUT, AlabamAlum is entirely correct about ref bitchfests.

That "false start" or whatever it was or wasn't is a great example -- Zapruder that all you want -- whatever -- it has no affect on the outcome of the play. Georgia apparently had a frosh QB facing 4th down and the game and couldn't stop them on that play. Going down to the microsecond on a false start strikes me as desperately trying to win on a technicality.

Georgia also apparently had Alabama in a 2nd and 26 and Alabama had marginal prospects of kicking a FG. That's on them.

Having not watched any of it, my final take is my standard hot garbage -- but I still think that OU was the best of the bunch and they flat out gave that Georgia game away with a few silly decisions and, more critically, a systemic pussification late in the game and OT.

That said, Georgia is pretty good. I watched them barely survive Notre Dame and get absolutely assfucked on the road by a 4-loss team and thought they were way overrated. It was nice for them that their horrific showing didn't cost.

Comment

• UGA came out very aggressive, the raucous stadium was 70% in their favor and their offense scheme was quite innovative and varied. They had the Alabama defense on their heels in the first half. Jalen Hurts happened to Alabama's offense.

Many Bama faithful had been calling for Tagovailoa all season, loads of talent. When he took the bad, bad sack in OT I thought his inexperience finally caught up with him, but then the TD happened. The Alabama defense reappeared in the second half.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• shaddup
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It was a fantastic consolation title game...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                And I actually didn't watch one play of the CG. I checked the score on my phone when I went to bed and assumed Bama's offense was dead and my Georgia play was safe. BUT, AlabamAlum is entirely correct about ref bitchfests.

That "false start" or whatever it was or wasn't is a great example -- Zapruder that all you want -- whatever -- it has no affect on the outcome of the play. Georgia apparently had a frosh QB facing 4th down and the game and couldn't stop them on that play. Going down to the microsecond on a false start strikes me as desperately trying to win on a technicality.

Georgia also apparently had Alabama in a 2nd and 26 and Alabama had marginal prospects of kicking a FG. That's on them.

Having not watched any of it, my final take is my standard hot garbage -- but I still think that OU was the best of the bunch and they flat out gave that Georgia game away with a few silly decisions and, more critically, a systemic pussification late in the game and OT.

That said, Georgia is pretty good. I watched them barely survive Notre Dame and get absolutely assfucked on the road by a 4-loss team and thought they were way overrated. It was nice for them that their horrific showing didn't cost.
                Interesting take. It was a collection of 4 flawed teams. OU easily had the best O. I think they had the weakest D of the group, though. I though Clemson was the best, most well-rounded team. Bama's D was the best defense. When healthy, significantly better than the other teams. Georgia's D wasn't quite as good, but their O was better.

This is Saban's best coaching job. Losing 7 LBs, a safety, a corner, o-linemen, etc and disguising the holes was a tough task.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't think there was much separation between the 4 (or even 6). I think OU's offense was single best unit of the bunch. They would have scored on anyone. Their defense, of course, was the worst unit of the bunch.

But, I'd take OU over any team in CFB if I had to pick. We're talking FG spreads here, so it's not with a lot of conviction.

Anyway, fuck off.

Comment

• A bit sad today. 8 months before more cfb.

At least I have a nearly .500 basketball team to follow. And the Saints. Nevermind...
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I don't think there was much separation between the 4 (or even 6). I think OU's offense was single best unit of the bunch. They would have scored on anyone. Their defense, of course, was the worst unit of the bunch.

But, I'd take OU over any team in CFB if I had to pick. We're talking FG spreads here, so it's not with a lot of conviction.

Anyway, fuck off.
                        They screwed the pooch in the UGA game. Up 31-14 or whatever and went to sleep.

Comment

• talent, Second your third point and heartily.

I'm totally in agreement with you, as of Monday night about 12:30, not watching alabama football..... ever.

Never again.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hopefully Bama can finally pass Ohio State in weeks atop the AP poll next year. It's been a tough road to pass Notre Dame, USC, and Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              talent, Second your third point and heartily.

I'm totally in agreement with you, as of Monday night about 12:30, not watching alabama football..... ever.

Never again.

Roll Tide. Also, your post about Bama getting beaten by Georgia was hilarious. Made me giggle like a school girl.

Comment

• Hopefully Bama can finally pass Ohio State in weeks atop the AP poll next year. It's been a tough road to pass Notre Dame, USC, and Oklahoma.
                                Ohio State is getting dangerously close to passing M and ND for all-time winning percentage. They were 9 points down when HARBAUGH!!!! took over and have reduced it to 4 in 3 short years. Now M has to rely on it's pre-1896 wins to inch ahead of Ohio State. Alabama could pass OU for 4th next year. There is a gulf between 5 and 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X