Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ole Miss.
    The scary thought of Bama finding an elite QB has come true.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ole Miss defense is legitimately horrific. But Tua is still the goods.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Indeed. Fuck auburn.

Also, for the first time ever, I have lost a bet to you. Hit me with the user pic for the next two weeks.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not that it really matters, but I think Auburn got screwed. Those two PI calls in the final LSU drive were pretty weak.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• fuckin refs
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• saw a rule that should be changed in the pro's yesterday

qb throws a pass that gets batted back tpo him. just as he's abpout to be smothered 15 yds behind the LOS he throws it for the second time with his left hand straight out of bands.

instead of intentional grounding from the spot--he gets only a 5 yd penalty for illegal pass and it was first and 15 instead of 2nd and 25 which is what it should have been

it think it was Fitzpatrick actually

Comment

• No it doesn't need changed dumbass. It was an illegal forward pass as you can only throw one forward pass on a play. Smart play by Fitz.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Wizard 1, crashcourse 0

Comment

• a wiz talent alliance

apocolyptic

Comment

• Between 2008 and 2030, Auburn will play one game at Florida.

Comment

• SEC conference scheduling is really bad. The combination of only 8 games and protected rivals and a 14-team league leads to plain stupid results. Auburn gets Georgia every year. Ole Miss gets Vanderbilt every year. There is one inter-divisional game I can understand protecting and that's Alabama-Tennessee. Auburn-Georgia is nice, but whatever. But with a mere 8 games, I wouldn't protect either. With 9 I'd only protect the aforementioned 1 or 2 (treat them like IU-Purdue) and drop the other god-awful protected games.

Comment

• Auburn-Georgia is touted as "The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" - 120-something games. Coming up on 100 straight years. I say keep that too...

The solution is 9 conference games.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 9 conference games + limited protected games -- the 2 I mentioned. There's no need to protected Mizzou-South Carolina; Vandy-Ole Miss; and the rest of them. For 10 SEC teams, they'd play teams in the other division for a H&H at least once every 6 years. For the 4 with protected games, it'd be every 6 years.

Anywho, maybe The Nick will get his way one of these days, but it sure doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon (I think they've done rotation schedules through 2025). I guess that'd be easy enough to change if they actually wanted to do it, but I don't see it.

Sankey > The Nick

Comment

• Oh, all the teams think they have to be special and if Bama/Tenn and UGA/AU get protected games, the other 10 presidents want them too. Meh.

The last vote on expanding to 9 was 1-13. It is an uphill climb. Money and most of the SEC East want no part in playing an extra West team every year. But mainly money. 2025 is only 7 years out and there is no reason why if they got the votes, that year couldn't be changed if we get it passed.

Comment

Working...
                                X