Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seemed like he disappeared 2 years ago for awhile this time of year also

Comment

• You guys kept on persisting with the Alabama bag men, you finally wore him down.

Comment

• I was thinking hack scared him off

Comment

• I hope he's not that fragile.

Comment

• Of course AA is going to deny there are Bama bagmen when he is one.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Dan Enos to Miami, people usually want to work in an environment where you're not screamed at and berated 24/7/365.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rich Rodriguez will, once again, team up with Calvin MaGee as OC and RBs coach/run game coordinator respectively at Ol' Miss.

RR is a great Xs and Os guy and can coach. His personal life is a dumpster fire - how quickly that sort of unethical personal behavior can be overlooked is a bit perplexing.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• And its Oklahoma.... Interesting

Comment

• Surprised Oklahoma got him.

Comment

• It's the best spot for him to get to the NFL

Comment

• qb friendly coach that's for sure

Comment

• So, been gone for a bit. I returned to read some assume that hack scared me off and a post thinking Dan Enos left because Saban yelled.

-The hack thing is silly. Sure, hack is a pedantic troll at times, but I am not sure that he has ever won an argument with anyone or really, truly, gotten under anyone's skin. Besides, I genuinely like the guy except when he reaches the apex of his pedantic trolling. Then I just chuckle and scroll by.

-The Dan Enos thing makes the hack thing look brilliant, though. I didn't think I could be disappointed in WingsFan, but, hell, here we are. I mean, forget the 15 different jobs he's taken in his career, just look at the last 5 years: He leaves in the middle of the night as HC of the Chippewas 2 (TWO!) weeks before NSD to become an OC at Arkansas. Fine. Fuck the Chips. He works there until Bert is fired and he isn't retained by the new guy for the Hawgs so he takes a job with Harbaugh and works there about a month before he leaves in the middle of the night to Bama. Fine, fuck the Wolverines. He then leaves in the middle of the night to be OC at Miami. Fine, fuck Bama. But Saban is a bad guy who yelled at him. BAD SABAN!. One would be well-served by re-reading the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog at this point.

Saban isn't the most charming guy in the world when he is in "work mode". I mean, he is fine at the lake or a bbq or whatever, but at work, he's work. Since at Bama, 10 assistants who have worked for him have become head coaches. Maybe being voted Mr. Congeniality isn't a key to being successful. You know who else wasn't a really affable, good-times-Charlie at work? Bo Schembechler, Bear Bryant, and Woody Hayes (etc). Hell, move away from football: Steve Jobs, Ray Kroc, and Lee Iaccoca (etc). Military: Sherman, Patton, and Pershing (etc). Hell, be late with a line for Tarantino. Mess up audio for Sinatra. Make a mistake and walk in Christian Bale's sight line. Etc. The fact is most highly successful people can be a bit prickly at times. It goes with the territory. You know who wasn't ever prickly? Mike Fucking Shula. Miss a practice? No big deal, there are more later! Don't go to the weight room or the film room or class? Well, just try better next week. Of course Shula was 26-23 in 4 years and Saban hasn't lost that many games yet in his 12 years at Bama. Hell, he has more championships and more wins than every other team in the nation while in Tuscaloosa.

-Oklahoma game: Decent win.

-Clemson game: We got out asses kicked. And that's on Saban. I trust him to right the ship on this disappointing 14-1 season.

-Bama basketball: We are 12-6. We are barely mediocre. We play a barely mediocre Baylor team tomorrow morning. Can't decide if it will be more Paralympics game, prison yard ball, or over 40 rec league game. I am not sure. I do know it won't be watchable.

In closing hope everyone had a nice holiday worshiping the imaginary bearded sky-dad of your choosing.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X