Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, how come AA gets to have a thread? If he gets a thread, we'll all should get a thread, it'll be anarchy!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Wiz,

I would revolt if I were you. You don't have to take that kind of abuse.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPTrWrEOGU"]Jim Ford - Harlan County - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Well, there's 3:30 I'll never get back ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Harlan, KY is where Raylan Givens dispenses his justice.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Wiz,

I would revolt if I were you. You don't have to take that kind of abuse.
              Too late. Wiz is revolting.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

I was hoping someone would hit that softball.

Comment

Laremy Tunsil sent a letter to Freese.
                  Facing an NCAA investigation into rules violations, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said on Monday he has received a letter from former player Laremy Tunsil, who is at the heart of the scandal.

Of course Tunsil would be a person that "sends a letter."
                  People still do that? Must be a SEC thing.

Email, phone call, text message, Skype... Come on SEC, get caught up on technology.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Here's the problem for me with Freeze and Ol' Miss .........

Taking cover by feigning, "it's for the children." That's pretty much what Freeze has been saying along the way: Football players are like family. When your kid makes a mistake you don't run from it you try to deal with it, correct the mistakes and move forward.

It's a similar line that Nebraska's Tom Osborne took with Lawrence Phillips. There are plenty of other examples over the years of this kind of reasoning shaping inappropriate outcomes IMO. The numbers of these occurrences, the ones we know about, is growing. And, since were in this thread, the DA in Alabama that declined to prosecute Cam Robinson and Lawrence Jones is just as full of it as the other's who mouth this kind of BS:

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones.

When authorities, parents or, in this case, the courts, abandon their responsibility to hold those in their charge accountable and demonstrate there are consequences for bad or criminal conduct by imposing meaningful punishments, they FAIL. It sickens me. It also goes a long way in explaining a good deal of the outrageously bad behavior and unlawful conduct of people in our country.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Harlan, KY is where Raylan Givens dispenses his justice.
                      Fuckin' A...AA.

Comment

I was hoping someone would hit that softball.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Howabout Mississippi State and Jeff Simmons? Love the rationale, if we don't take him, someone else in the SEC will.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

I feel like that's not the first time I've heard that from someone down there. Maybe it was him.

Comment

Re: Simmons

My opinion isn't popular with the law and order folks: I think they deserve another chance. If their legal issues are settled, or are non felonies, and it's not an issue that would get an academic schollie or regular student suspended from (or kept from enrolling) then play ball. Right or wrong, this kid is facing a misdemeanor charge.

I have a number of degrees and had some form of academic scholarship in all of them. As an undergrad, I got in trouble a couple of times, Once for a fight, once for a public intox. No one knew, no one cared, back at school (As an aside, The publc intox -which was eventually dropped- was pretty awesome. Myself and four friends were at a place called Jamaica Joe's in Ft. Walton Beach. Nice bar/restaurant with a faux brook that ran through the place and little pedestrian bridges that crossed over it. People threw change into the water like it was a wishing well. We ran out of beer money and waded into the water to get change for more beer. The cops did not find it or our unwillingness to abate our quest for cash amusing. In the least. I was thrown. Literally. Out of the place before being checked into Drunk Tank City).

Anyway, the idea that ballplayers are held to a higher standard than the student body and the academic scholarship super geniuses like me seems... manufactured. And if I had been kicked out as an undergrad, I would not have become the extraordinary gentleman that you all look up to and secretly envy.

As always, your mileage may vary, and I have had this convo too many times (hello, DSL!) to get into it again over a kid at a rival school, but just know, if you disagree with me, you are wrong. Horribly, woefully, and pitiably wrong. Wrong with a capital R.

Comment

Heh. I also have no problem with second chances, if there is the possiblility of regret and reform. Only four months have passed. Other than an internal 'punishment', what has Simmons done to address his actions? The video of the assault, roughly 30 seconds in length, shows him (a D lineman fer gosh sakes) punching MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES a woman who is down. If she had a knife or gun and tried to harm him, okay, she got what she deserved, but thats not the case (to my understanding). But because he's a five star recruit he gets a pass?

Perhaps in cases like this, D1 participation should be curbed. There's alot of outstanding universities with football programs in D2 or D3.

Comment

Working...
                                X