Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't agree on the D2 or whatever. Why should they accept them but not D1?

I think the only criteria should be, "would this get a regular scholarship student suspended, restricted, or kicked out?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you are punching a woman 12 times I would hope you were kicked out of school...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

I concur w/ AA.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

You won't be, Ent. No one would know unless it was on campus or made the news in some way.

Apparently this wasn't even ruled a felony assault, and his story is the woman attacked his sister. I don't know. It's Mss State, so I am not hoping for the best out of him. It would benefit me if he were kicked out. Personally, though, I don't think that's the right thing to do for a misdemeanor. Now, if the argument is he should have faced more legal troubles to begin with, I view that as a completely different argument.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I concur w/ AA.

HOW DARE YOU!

Comment

Hating on the SEC (but mainly Bama) and its shills. Hosted by AlabamAlum.

Our legal system is more interested in locking up someone for smoking a plant than protecting women from assault or rape...IMO.

That doesn't mean universities cannot lead.

Last edited by entropy; July 13, 2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

That's just not true.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Ent,

I don't think a university's mission is to be a rectifier of the legal system's perceived mistakes. But fine. If you do, apply it evenly and across the student body - not just with the football team.

Comment

Don't disagree on applying it evenly.

Comment

Well, at least you're consistent. I would never be in favor of such a thing, though.

Comment

Aa... If you were caught on tape beating a woman, do you think your employer would say don't worry about it? I'm confident I'd be let go..

And if also suggest universities create cultures beyond the law in what they feel is acceptable or not. Treatment of the LGBT communities on campus was years ahead of the laws, imo

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          That's just not true.
                          Yeah...and I don't think you can use the term "legal system" to compare these matters either. Pot usage and violent crimes against women are almost always prosecuted at the municipal/county level, where there are variances in how these matters are approached.

Comment

A swimmer at Stanford got a wrist slap for rape.. Yes, the courts are more interested in pot usage and dealers

Comment

You can make the case that one judge is...beyond that its stretching the anecdote to the point it squeals. Which is more or less my point. You are suggesting uniformity where there is none.

Comment

Ent,

It depends. Felony assault? Probably. Misdemeanor with extenuating circumstances and I didn't miss work time or serve jail time? No.

Anyway...

So, you get in a fight. You hit someone several times. What you're saying is that person should face legal trouble, get kicked out of school, fired from their job...what else? Kicked outta church? Marriage annulled? Planet Fitness membership revoked? What other supernumerary punishments or penalties should you face for said misdemeanor? Is there due process in the Planet Fitness revocation? Because I kind like that place.

Comment

Working...
                                X