Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...who do you get into a fight with? Dwayne Johnson? Ariana Grande? There are circumstances to consider.

Personally...I'd draw the line at being denied access to Chipolte, no matter the crime. Cruel and unusual.

Comment

Hating on the SEC (but mainly Bama) and its shills. Hosted by AlabamAlum.

Circumstances matter... That should be given. Huge difference between a bar fight with another guy and smashing a woman half your size. Maybe that's just me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Hoss,

Let's say I hit a woman, but the woman was the trans ex Navy SEAL or Ronda Rousey, and she had been fighting my gay cousin Maurice outside the TGIFriday's in Topeka and I came to Maurice's defense.

To complicate matters, Ronda (or the SEAL girl) had a sprained ankle, BUT my eyes had been dilated after a trip to the ophthalmologist...would I lose my membership to the US Chess Federation or just my AARP card on top of losing my job, getting kicked out of school, marriage annulled, Chipotle ban, and Planet Fitness revocation?

I need an answer because that Rousey chick and me are gonna throw hands one day.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
          Circumstances matter... That should be given. Huge difference between a bar fight with another guy and smashing a woman half your size. Maybe that's just me..

Does it make a difference if the girl he hit was attacking his sister first? If not, are you upset he didn't get charged with felony assault?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Hoss,

Let's say I hit a woman, but the woman was the trans ex Navy SEAL or Ronda Rousey, and she had been fighting my gay cousin Maurice outside the TGIFriday's in Topeka and I came to Maurice's defense.

To complicate matters, Ronda (or the SEAL girl) had a sprained ankle, BUT my eyes had been dilated after a trip to the ophthalmologist...would I lose my membership to the US Chess Federation or just my AARP card on top of losing my job, getting kicked out of school, marriage annulled, Chipotle ban, and Planet Fitness revocation?

I need an answer because that Rousey chick and me are gonna throw hands one day.
            Since you are an Alabama fan, I'd toss you out of the country on your ear, liquidate all your worldly goods and use the proceeds to promote Arbor Day. I think most would agree it to be a just punishment, but I'm spitballing here.

Comment

I should be shocked that jokes can be made about beating woman... But I'm sadly not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                Yeah...and I don't think you can use the term "legal system" to compare these matters either. Pot usage and violent crimes against women are almost always prosecuted at the municipal/county level, where there are variances in how these matters are approached.

Ray rice... Lawrence Phillips... Not isolated at all

We treat it like a bar fight when most of it is not.

Comment

Ent,

No. You're missing the point. I'm making fun of your contention that we make a misdemeanor more than what it was because one of the people in the altercation was female.

The video, which shows two large women brawling, and some slaps by Simmons as he intercedes is not that impressive to me (on his part).

Comment

Ray rice... Lawrence Phillips... Not isolated at all

We treat it like a bar fight when most of it is not.

Damon Benning...NC Lacrosse...we can trade anecdotes all day if you want.

Fact is conviction for pot possession does not carry harsher penalties than sentences for rape as assault. It just doesn't...the abuse of sentencing discretion by one judge doesn't change that. (Intent to distribute is different from simple possession of course)

I know the Stanford case is galling, but we cannot make sweeping generalization based on cases that make the news....and yeah, I agree, that's what we do in here. LOL
                    Last edited by Wild Hoss; July 13, 2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                      ....and yeah, I agree, that's what we do in here. LOL
                      Holy Shit! Observant. Cogent
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Hating on the SEC (but mainly Bama) and its shills. Hosted by AlabamAlum.

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Ent,

The video, which shows two large women brawling, and some slaps by Simmons as he intercedes is not that impressive to me (on his part).

It has been a while since I saw the video and I don't recall it being a few slaps as you suggest... But let's say that is true, first offense.. Are you saying you would do nothing different as a University President?

Comment

Bielema: "You don't have to ask me if I'm going to suspend anybody for the first game. It doesn't come up in our program."

Comment

Even if he's referring to Bama...that guy needs to be dickpunched, just on general principle.

Comment

It has been a while since I saw the video and I don't recall it being a few slaps as you suggest... But let's say that is true, first offense.. Are you saying you would do nothing different as a University President?

It looked like it was open hand. The video is bad. While he strikes the woman who was brawling with his sister, it wasn't...vicious looking. It's ugly, and embarrassing for him and MissStake, but I don't think you can say there was intent to do serious bodily harm (which is certainly something he could have done).

Would I do something different as president? Nope. Not unless I had made a university-wide policy that I punish all students at the school with a first offense misdemeanor for such things.

I have no doubt that there are students in the general student body with such charges and none are the wiser. But because he plays football he's held to a higher standard. I think it's contrived and silly. Keep him from enrolling? Nah.

Comment

[ame]https://youtu.be/xdZth9MRLGM[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/A19WkO_aYWo[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X