Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be willing to at least consider a loss of welfare benefits if convicted of a fairly serious crime (parking tickets, no).

Comment

• Misdemeanor?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        I'd be willing to at least consider a loss of welfare benefits if convicted of a fairly serious crime (parking tickets, no).
        And what good would that do? Some loser released from jail back into some inner city slum will probably turn to violent crime just to feed himself. Those type of clauses create predators and give those who love to whine about taxes something to screech about.

Perhaps we should buy some island like Guam and start exiling all our violent offenders there. Let them build their own little Lord of the Flies society.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/ZxUlF0gF7Gw[/ame]

From 2010. Wish he'd wear all 5 of his NC rings in a remake.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Are "SEC people" in opposite land?
            I was watching ESPN today and it aired a hilarious interview with Hugh Freeze. Finebaum was questioning Freeze about the Ole Miss' allegations and the only response Freeze has was "who is the anonymous coach that said Ole Miss should be held accountable."
            Freeze couldn't even defend their situation.

Almost as bad as the SEC's reason to ban satellite camps because they "want more time to spend with their family" OR Nick Saban saying "I don't see how satellite camps benefit us."
            Actually, no, nothing is a stupid as that.

The SEC....
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The SEC ... because they can?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                The SEC ... because they can?
                Exactly.

The SEC:
                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZSXnrbs_k"]The Inner Machinations of my mind are an enigma - YouTube[/ame]
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Are "SEC people" in opposite land?
                  I was watching ESPN today and it aired a hilarious interview with Hugh Freeze. Finebaum was questioning Freeze about the Ole Miss' allegations and the only response Freeze has was "who is the anonymous coach that said Ole Miss should be held accountable."
                  Freeze couldn't even defend their situation.

Almost as bad as the SEC's reason to ban satellite camps because they "want more time to spend with their family" OR Nick Saban saying "I don't see how satellite camps benefit us."
                  Actually, no, nothing is a stupid as that.

The SEC....
                  The SEC (and all other P5 conference sans B1G) not supporting distance camps is related to Hugh Freeze obfuscation?

Wow. Stretchy stretch is stretching. lol. Distance camps...

Comment

• SEC coaches are more worried about each other than they are about Harbaugh or anyone else. That's the real reason they didn't want satellite camps.

Comment

• Dear lord...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Dear lord...
                        SEC fans pray to a false god!!!!!

Comment

• Lord Saban, forgive him for he is a moron.

(Not a personal attack).

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            The SEC (and all other P5 conference sans B1G) not supporting distance camps is related to Hugh Freeze obfuscation?

Wow. Stretchy stretch is stretching. lol. Distance camps...
                            The "SEC and other P5 conferences" as in the teams that might lose out on some of their talented in-state players are upset. If a team loses recruiting talent over time, that could correlate to less income with less success.
                            The elite people that benefit from that income just can't accept the idea of losing out on a few dollars to give poor high school players opportunities to see all their college options with satellite camps.

My point with the comparison is how both ideas are irrational nonsense:

- Hugh Freeze's situation is silly and he is making himself look dumb by blaming anonymous sources rather than having a good explanation for their allegations.

- SEC and other elite P5 teams demanding satellite camps to be gone: again, there isn't a good reason to ban them other than those " elite southern Colonel Sanders rich dudes" protecting their in-state "slaves" as they might see it and saving a few dollars.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If satellite camps really were much ado about nothing, there would be no uproar. It's obvious that some coaches feel threatened and they tend to be located in SEC country.

Comment

• Dear lord, more distance camp talk? You guys were really scarred by the other conferences not immediately acquiescing to Harbaugh's wants.

It was Sun Tzu who said, "If your enemy wants satellite camps and it does not benefit you, oppose it."

Comment

Working...
                                X