No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Ramirez has been fantastic. It'd be hard to argue against him.

Comment

• Yep. I'd assume it's between him, Altuve and Judge. If people look at the whole season and roll with advanced metrics and such, it'll be Altuve. But, Ramirez has been really fantastic in the 2nd half.

Incidentally, Mike Trout, with 200 fewer ABs than Jose, has a higher WAR. Trout's OPS of almost 1.100 is in Swollen Head Barry Bonds territory. He is SO good. I mean, like, clearly the best player in the game. A statistical freak. (that strikes out too much!)
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Strikeouts these days are almost looked at as a positive.

Take away Cabrera and Trout would have 4 MVPs at 24. Unreal.

Comment

• He was also 2nd to Donaldson. So, in his five full seasons he's finished first or second in the MVP vote every year and lead the league in WAR EVERY year.

He should have won the MVP in 2012. But, he was a new name, Cabrera was established and the MVP voting hadn't edged over toward advanced metrics enough. I can understand 2013 -- Cabrera was awesome in traditional categories -- certainly enough to overcome significant WAR difference. And Donaldson was legitimately close.

He would been a runaway winner this year if he didn't get hurt.

Comment

• And a significant portion of Anaheims fanbase wants him traded(at least last year). rEbUilds and prospects!!!!!!

Comment

• They're afraid he'll bolt for New York. But, that said, Southern California sports fans, whether native or transplant, are absolutely awful and spared from being the worst only by Miami. Disgraceful. All of you.

Comment

• Atlanta is in the running, they give Arthur Blank his new playtoy and they don't bother to show up to the watch the game. Anybody see all of those empty seats last night?

Comment

• Well, in the running isn't good enough. Look, I will never take issue with someone berating Atlanta. The high point of Atlanta history was in 1864 when its own citizens, recognizing how awful and failed it was, burned it to the fucking ground. It took many, many years to irrefutably confirm that fact, but then Buchanan moved there.

All that said, Miami and SoCal are in another league for sports fan shittiness.

Comment

• Fair enough, I tuned in to Sunday Night Football and thought they were covering a Rutgers game.

Comment

• Falcons fans just were afraid of another 24-pt come from ahead loss.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I'm jumping off this bandwagon.

Comment

• A friend who was at the game said this:

But what is taking place there is so much to do. So there might be 40,000 in their seats but the other 30,000 are walking around checking out all the cool things. It is like Disney World in there. You have where you can pour beer yourself from the wall, 100 yard bar, food is cheap, seating areas to eat and be able to view the game in a great spot, play shuffle board while watching the game, etc etc.

So Falcon fans were there and the stadium is packed. we might not all be in our seats, but we are inside the Benz, we might be viewing it from a different spot and checking other things out.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• A season ticket Michigan fan friend of mine flew to Atlanta after the air force game to hit that stadium up. All his pics were of him at the bars in the stadium, eating the cheap ass concessions, drinking the cheap ass beer. 1 pic of him in his seats watching the game.

Comment

• It sounds like a lot of rationalizing for gigantic sections of empty seats. Shane Falco would have blushed at that.

Comment

• Just saying what I saw. I couldnt care less. Are you saying there were 45,000 fans there? Why is this such a hot button topic?

Comment

Working...
                                X