No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who has played hardball knows a fastball to the hand hurts when at bat. Chisenhall showed zero anguish, didn't even try to fake it. When your catcher says its a foul tip, challenge it. Girardi blew it.

Comment

• Is that Ace Freley drinking chianti?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mateus, 1/2 step up from boones farm

Comment

• Yep. That's absolutely and entirely on Girardi. His explanation for not challenging was lame.

It was still a ridiculous game, though. This may actually be the Indians year. Getting through the Astros and, IMO, the Cubs won't be easy. But, fuck, they are 35-4 over their past 39. That's a youth baseball record. I mean, even without the 22 straight, that's still 13-4.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Since the Tigers gave away all their good players, I now am rooting for the Astros (Verlander) and the D-backs (J.D. Martinez)

You could make a pretty good all-star team out of the players the Tigers once controlled. The pitching could be: D. Price, Scherzer, Verlander, Robbie Ray, Porcello.

Comment

• If it is Astros/Indians, the Indians have had the most success of any team over Verlander. He's had good games against them, but truly some of the disaster starts in his career have come at whatever they are calling that park now.

Rooting for the Astros is awful, seeing Verlander in a Tiger uniform makes me nauseous every time I see it.

Comment

• Verlander in a Astro uniform is just weird. Looks like hes in an All Star game uniform or softball league.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  seeing Verlander in a Tiger uniform makes me nauseous every time I see it.
                  Since you're all spartied up today, here's to your stomach turning!

Comment

• Not really Spartied up, just another game.

Comment

• That's kind of a choke job there by the Tribe.

Comment

• 2016-? Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Go home to your burning river Injuns
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          That's kind of a choke job there by the Tribe.
                          Matt Dery sure is crying over Cleveland's choke job last night.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Encarnacion, Ramirez, and Lindor had a combined 4 hits in the series I think. Not gonna win that way.

Comment

• Yeah, they couldn't hit at all, which isn't too surprising. That they couldn't field was shocking. And Kluber was poop, which is also shocking. I do think you want Carrassco getting two starts and not Bauer. But, anyway. Game 3 was the game. Tanaka saved the Yankees and Lindor's would be 2-run big fly wasn't quite big enough to get over Judge's long reach.

But, that's baseball. Best postseason, IMO, without doubt. Love it. Well, we'll see -- if the Cubs lose tonight, then love it! (speaking of misfortune, how about a rain out pushing the Cubs into a Strasbourg start?)

I also have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the strikeout/homer model, but that's my only complaint.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I couldn't help but thinking of the Mariners 117 win season when the Indians had their streak. It don't want to say impressive regular seasons are a curse, but they don't mean much once the postseason starts especially since the beginning of the divisional series format. You had a great season, great, you have more or less a 13 percent shot at a title.

Comment

Working...
                                X