No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha. I was just trying to give WF some grief. I have nothing against Whitaker (no matter how average he was).
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mark Lemke > Lou Whitakker
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Do you ever get to listen to Lemke? Besides a rafio show, he does some Braves games. Funny guy.

Anyway, Braves up 2 games against the Phillies in the NL East, but we have 44 games or so left and several of those games against the Phillies. If we don't win the NL East, we probably stay home. I think it likely that the WC winner comes from the Central.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I know it's been awhile since the Braves were good, but there are two WC teams these days, AA. I don't think the Central gets both. I actually think there's at least a 50/50 shot we have a triple wildcard sort of thing -- where two teams tie for the second WC. Things are so compact in the NL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That should read "from the Central and West". But just looked at the standings. What has happened to the Dodgers? 3rd place in the West now? Wow. Also, has any team ever spent more and gotten less than this year's Giants?

Comment

• The Braves should be America's NL darling. Only three teams in all of baseball have spent less than Atlanta: the Padres (18.5 gb), the Rays (25 gb), and the A's - only 1 game back.

If the A's and Braves met in the WS those two teams could combine their payroll and still be $85 million under what the Giants alone have spent. But that's a pipedream. Boston and the Cubs in the WS. Book it. Smarty Jones lock.

Comment

• shaddup
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• REPORT: Details of Tigers' Announcers Brawl Are Beyond Petty and Ridiculous

At some point, Impemba left the booth and was followed by Allen, who came up from behind to choke him because the two couldn't settle a hard-fought debate over a chair.

Let that sink in. Two grown men fighting over a chair.

Comment

• The need for lumbar support is legit! Actually, if you have a bad back, which Rod seems to have, I can get a little crankiness. However, these guys are adults and are supposed to be professionals. It's a sad day for Tigers broadcasting.

Comment

• Tigers are taking their team photo. Chris Ilitch is there, and apparently not talking about Steve Yzerman.

Comment

• The Braves string of losing seasons is over.

Also, up 7.5 games in the NL East with 16 left to play. Of course we will be eliminated early in the NLDS, but still.

Comment

• Good news: winning season, up 5.5 games in the NL East with 11 left to play.

Bad news: have lost 4-straight, 4 teams in the NL now have better records, and we are not playing very well.

We play the Cards again today as they try for a 3-game sweep and after that, 7 of our last 10 are with the 2nd place Phillies. If we do make the post season, our exit will be swift.
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 19, 2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Good news: winning season, up 5.5 games in the NL East with 11 left to play.

Bad news: have lost 4-straight, 4 teams in the NL now have better records, and we are not playing very well.

We play the Cards again today as they try for a 3-game sweep and after that, 7 of our last 10 are with the 2nd place Phillies. If we do make the post season, our exit will be swift.
                              Maybe, maybe not. Depends who the matchup is with.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I hope you are right.

We currently have a 11-14 record against the teams in the NL with better overall records. The only winning record we have against any of those teams is vs the Cardinals (3-2) - which is in jeopardy today. First pitch is in a few minutes.

We just aren't playing very well of late.

Comment

Working...
                                X