• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a game 7

Comment

Love Game 7's of the World Series.

Comment

The last nine World Series Game 7s have ended with the home team winning.

Comment

No need to play the game then.

Any good reason why Chapman is still in with a 7-run lead?
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

As a fun fact; The all time leader in all sports in game 7s played and wins of game 7s is..

The Detroit Red Wings

25gs

14w

11l

Comment

This is going to be the most watched baseball game in 20-30 years. Game 7 baseball is almost unwatchable if you're a diehard. Fortunately, I have no dog in the fight, but I do like the way the Indians play ball and really respect Francona as a manager.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

The last nine World Series Game 7s have ended with the home team winning.
                Well, sure...if you don't count San Francisco winning at Kansas City TWO years ago.

The Cubs are trying to match the 1979 Pirates of Willie Stargell and Sister Sledge lore in coming back from 3-1 by winning the final 2 games on the road.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Exactly. It will be easy for me to watch. I just don't care that much. I suppose I am rooting for the Indians because in the early 90's Francona was the manager of the Birmingham Barons. We were both at a fundraiser together and he sat next to me and didn't small talk. His only words to me were, "would you pass the tea?" I like that. Go indians (sorta).
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Well, sure...if you don't count San Francisco winning at Kansas City TWO years ago.

Heh, not sure how that slipped through, probably lack of interest in that series. Home field advantage for the biggest baseball game in Cubs and Indians history was decided by the ALL STAR game in July.

Comment

The All-Star game has decided home field in the WS for 15 years or so I think. For whatever reason, the NL has won only 6 times since 1988

Comment

Play Ball! Im picking Cleveland in a low scoring game, bullpen wins this game. Cubs go on suffering for eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          The All-Star game has decided home field in the WS for 15 years or so I think. For whatever reason, the NL has won only 6 times since 1988
                          Incorrect. The National League has won the World Series 11 times since 1988, or 12 if you include when the Los Angeles Dodgers won against Tony LaRussa's steriod infected Oakland A's:

Unfortunately, our Detroit Tigers are responsible for the National League winning 2 of those World Series, going 1-8 in the two World Series games the franchise was in the last 10 years (the 2006 World Series and the 2012 World Series,) with Justin Verlander being 0-3 overall from when he pitched in them.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

Grandy slip and Verlander taco bell !

Comment

Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                              Incorrect. The National League has won the World Series 11 times since 1988, or 12 if you include when the Los Angeles Dodgers won against Tony LaRussa's steriod infected Oakland A's:

Unfortunately, our Detroit Tigers are responsible for the National League winning 2 of those World Series, going 1-8 in the two World Series games the franchise was in the last 10 years (the 2006 World Series and the 2012 World Series,) with Justin Verlander being 0-3 overall from when he pitched in them.
                              Sorry, I meant that NL has only won the All-Star game 6 times since 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Sorry, I meant that NL has only won the All-Star game 6 times since 1988.
                                It's Ok. But honestly, I haven't watched the MLB All-Star Game in over a decade.
                                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X