No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that was a sham. Most baseball people realize the theivery.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just egregious interference

[ame]https://youtu.be/MiraekmCNv4[/ame]
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That was worse than th infield fly rule BS vs the Cards in a play-in game a few years back:

[ame]https://youtu.be/X-6ujbLknUc[/ame]

Comment

• McCarver agrees with you, which makes you per se and irrebuttablly wrong.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• McCarver hated the Braves due to Dieon Sanders. Because he was so wrong about other things does not change the fact that he was right about this.

The ump saying that he thought Gant might not be safe due to momentum even if Hrbek hadn't interfered is Tim Donaghy-level corruption. It was egregious and an affront to all that is fair and right in the world.

Comment

• This was a fantastic series but my favorite of all time (besides being a homer and saying the 84 tigers) is the Oakland As vs Dodgers.

It had insanely great players on both teams, a friggin earthquake and amazing heroics. That one is hard to beat
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It didn't have an earthquake. That was 1989.

It had arguably the most memorable World Series moment of all time. But otherwise it was a 4-1 whitewash. Hershiser was unhittable.

Comment

• Oh yea. My mind is fucked I guess
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Damn, he was on a roll too.

Comment

• And then Orel went to the Indians and lost to the Braves in the WS!

Comment

• That was a great game, I'm glad the Indians didn't win the Series but I feel bad that they blew a 3-1 lead. I thought the managers over managed the series, too much bullpen. Both Miller and Chapman were subpar by game 7 from overuse. It is unfathomable that you put up a great season and by the end you don't trust hardly anyone in the pen with a lead or 3 or more to get at least an inning in.

Comment

• Comment

• Bagwell, Pudge, and Tim Raines elected to the HOF if you haven't seen. Trevor Hoffman fell just barely short. Vlad Guerrero over 70%

Little surprised Pudge made it first ballot considering not even Piazza did that and I'm pretty sure Rodriguez was suspected of roid use as much as Piazza was.

Comment

• Finally with Raines.

Comment

• Raines is an interesting case. About as borderline, IMO, as you get. Never finished higher than 5th in MVP voting and was only an all-star 7 times out of 23 seasons. He was never considered the best player of his era or even close.

IMO, he's extremely comparable to Kenny Lofton, and Lofton didn't sniff the HoF. Raines sort of became the hipster cause amongst writers. I'd have said no.
                                Last edited by iam416; January 19, 2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X