Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion.

Go Blue.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Colorado looks better than expected. This could actually be a decent test

Comment

They are a middle of the pack B1G/Pac 12 team; Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota, & Indiana is probably the B1G's middle... They are tons better than both UCF & Hawaii who both were even worse than I expected.

Comment

The preseason spread was -27. They beat Colorado State and Idaho State (FCS) both teams, they should have beat.

Their QB, Liufaiu, is the big surprise. He's good, like Dennard at 3/4 the speed that can pass on the run, a Dangerman.

IVO the problems M had with contain and/or when the play broke down for CFU, this could be problematic. I think Brown has to be careful with pressure, over running plays and all that. He has to put his defenders in places to succeed and once done, discipline is key. Stay in your lane, spy the QB.

I don't think Brown was overwhelming against the CFU spread but better than Durkin's more passive approach. Another good test. Hope Lewis and Taco can play but worry about Lewis being rusty. Stribbling has been solid. Clark awesome.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 11, 2016, 10:48 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Colorado looks better than expected. This could actually be a decent test
          The Colorado Cupcakes are NOT a decent test. Michigan's first actual opponent with any credibility is Wisconsin, and it's in Ann Arbor.

Comment

I don't think so. UCF did expose that we don't have spread offenses under wraps yet. Colorado's dual-threat QB spells trouble. Anxious to see what the week of preparation does.

Comment

Spread is out with M at -20. That's down from preseason -27, not that it means shit other than the bookies think Colorado is better because of the QB play which was an unknown to start the season and has turned out to be very good in the first two games against poor competition.

Harbaugh did mention loss of contain v. UCF's QBs and also mentioned that there were 4 plays that accounted for almost all of their total run yardage. He also mentioned Brown making some good adjustments to that in the second half. I don't remember that but we tend to amplify the negatives associated with the big plays. I doubt Harbaugh liked any of that. My sense is there will be more awareness of QB scrambles off broken plays and some different approaches to the read option keepers.

Hoping for a better performance v. the spread (it seems) to pass Buffaloes. UCF was spread to run for sure and got some game with that offense. Should be interesting.

Comment

20 is too much, Colorado is better than what most expected. Not sure how well M matches up with them as I haven't seen any of them.

Comment

Then how do you know it's too much?

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Then how do you know it's too much?
                    Gut, I guess ........

I think the UCF game opened some eyes. The key to defending the spread is LB and S discipline. I watched a couple of plays in the Colorado v. Idaho State recap. The QB would look like he was running a stretch keeper, he'd suck the Ss up and then toss a pass to any open guy on his side of the field.

The Ss can't bite on this nor the LBs over-pursue to the QB taking themselves out of the play. Better for LBs to contain and Ss/CBs to be on their man like glue. Don't give the QB a free throw to the open guy 30 yards down field with overly aggressive play toward the QB looking like he's running a stretch play.

Easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

Comment

Watched Colorado. Agree with the sentiment that 20 is too big a spread. I'll be happy with a win in this game. We SHOULD pound a team like Colorado but until I see us actually smother a spread offense I am not a believer.

Comment

UC isn't a cupcake, but I'm not worried about a loss. Can see the final margin being anywhere from 14-28.

Comment

Neither M or Colorado has played a top 90 FBS caliber opponent yet so it's hard to say how good either team is. Colorado has been very impressive beating up two awful teams, it could be but I don't think this game is a blowout.

Comment

Jim Leavitt coached with JH at SF too, probably has a good idea of the offense. Jimmies and Joes, but still.

Comment

20 points is a lot to lay especially after the physical beating UCF delivered to M.

Comment

Working...
                              X