Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Mcdowells mother seemed to have a good read on things. Too bad he didn't listen.

Comment

• Yeah. Neither Izzo or Dantonio are a Pitino, but esp with Dantonio off-the-field behaviour wasn't exactly policed as tightly as you'd want. At some point you have to blame the cops too. Does LJ Scott even actually have a driver's licence?

Comment

• "It's not blind defense of MSU, I'm asking for more details before demanding someone lose their job over no evidence of wrongdoing.

If details emerge that either coach were burying accusations and shielding their players from consequences there wont be any defense from me"

God I can't believe I agree with Kapture. I suspect that both Izzo and Dantonio will come out of this with their jobs intact because their personal integrity will matter and weigh the scales in their favor. Also villifying the press is a great example of "doublespeak" Make mo mistake. It was the Indianapolis Star's investigation into allegations of sexual abuse among the US Gymnastic program that brought Nassar to light. Those women who initially came forward were certainly a catalyst but no one was listening to them until the Indy Star brought the allegations to light.

Comment

• I just watched the Sunday morning special of E:60 about MSU. I'd suggest all of you who are actually interested in getting as much information as possible watch it. It is basically the "prosecution's case" as far as MSU is concerned. Just the fact that they would have a special on Sunday morning tells you that the ratings are good on the issue. They have another program scheduled on Monday at 1:00.

Two things stuck out for me. First, the MSU gymnastics coach covered for Nassar at least from 1998 when complaints were lodged with her about Nassar putting his fingers into women (from other sports like baseball and rowing too) and claiming that was some sort of treatment. The coach, in recruiting letters to prospective female gymnasts said "5. And we have Larry Nassar. Enough said." Nassar evidently had videos online for trainers, and parts of them are shown. How this DO got into his position at the age of 33 is absolutely beyond me!

The second relates to a woman named Schaffer who claims to have been gang-raped by Keith Appling and Adrian Payne. She comes right out on national television and tells all. It is really hard not to believe her.

If you care about this matter, watch the whole E:60.

Comment

• MSU looking very Baylor-like in this story: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22240940
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If coach D suspended his star senior ML and family legacy for assault for the Rose Bowl, the last and most important game of his college career, it's hard to believe Dantonio wouldn't drop a kid accused of rape or sexual assault.

Comment

• I vote Sparty get the Death Penalty. And while the NCAA is at it...kill PSU, M and tOSU as well...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mark Schwarz reports on Friday's events at Michigan State, which included protests and the resignation of athletic director Mark Hollis.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I suspect that both Izzo and Dantonio will come out of this with their jobs intact because their personal integrity will matter and weigh the scales in their favor.

It's looking to me like Izzo's in a much stronger position than Dantonio. Dantonio has already denied something specific and somebody in a position to know (Allswede) is objecting. Plus it's not clear to me that Dantonio has any notable degree of integrity. That is not to say that he lacks integrity, but his track record may or may not support that statement. As far as I can see we have no reasons to suspect him of recruiting violations, and I don't know if the situations of LJ Scott with his habitual driving-with-suspended licence or some of those other sexual-assault cases stand out in comparison with other football programs and NCAA rules. Certainly having 7 players dismissed last year, if that was the right number, seems like a notable number. We will of course see how things play out over time with that. Izzo has a lot more of an established reputation to shield him from mob-mentality thinking.

Ultimately whether they'll get taken down will be a bit random, unless there's an open-shut case thanks to a revelation on a scale we have not yet seen. Matters of sexual assault these days are pretty perception-driven and hard to predict. If one of them goes down, I hope it's well deserved and not at all an iffy case. Strictly from an on-the-field perspective it would be a shame for either of them to go down over this. The occasional disappointment aside Izzo has a long and impressive track record of running an above-reproach AND elite program. And Dantonio should not leave MSU with a winning record against UM. That's a tall order for Michigan but I think it's up to the challenge.

Comment

• Again, it’s not like the correct body hasn’t investigated these issues. From what I understand, MSU worked to comply with DOE requests and disclose information.

However, it’s perception driven. And there’s an opportunity to piggyback on Nassar and make a story out of this - and it rates well (as opposed the vast majority of ESPN’s shit programming). Whether there is an actual story is now irrelevant.

FWIW, investigator really liked Izzo and felt like he legitimately got it. Dantonio was surly, but school was cooperating.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hack - I think your perception of Izzo and Dantonio as far as integrity is probably too rooted in public persona.

Comment

• Allswede is saying that Dantonio and Izzo need to take personal responsibility for the alledged rape culture at MSU.

I say hold on a fucking min. First off the 16 cases in 10 years in the case of the football program were not 16 rape cases. Some assault and battery, some sexual assault, a couple high profile rape cases, and a ton of driving on suspended licenses. Probably 1300 players over 10 years, 16 is between 1-2%. I dont think 1-2% constitutes a "rape culture" and these were not all rape cases. Considering that 20% of females in college are victims of sexual assault (if those numbers are to be believed), his players seem to have a better track record far far better than the general college population.

Allswede made an allegation that Dantonio made a player call his mom and that is how he delt with sexual assault allegations, but she gives no other information. She probably can give specifics, at least a bit more informatuon than a snipit of what she ws told years ago. We do have a body of evidence that shows that was not the normal procedure so more info is needed from Allswede for her to make the claims and demands for accepting personal responsibility that she is.
                          Last edited by Kapture1; January 28, 2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                            Allswede is saying that Dantonio and Izzo need to take personal responsibility for the alledged rape culture at MSU.

I say hold on a fucking min. First off the 16 cases in 10 years in the case of the football program were not 16 rape cases. Some assault and battery, some sexual assault, a couple high profile rape cases, and a ton of driving on suspended licenses. Probably 1300 players over 10 years, 16 is between 1-2%. I dont think 1-2% constitutes a "rape culture" and these were not all rape cases.

Allswede made an allegation that Dantonio made a player call his mom and tgat is how he delt with sexual assault allegations, but she gives no other information. She probably can give specifics, at least a bit more informatuon than a snipit of what she ws told years ago.
                            spartie has had 130 new football players every season?

Comment

• Mark Emmert has known of the allegations for years. If the NCAA goes after MSU, Emmert needs to be crucified.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• In a way I feel sorry for Sparty. They always are ripe for the sacrificial lamb treatment. On national radio and tv, esp. ESPN have called for immediate dismissals of coaches and hollering for immediate death penalties. Why? Because their MSU. And not a major school like oh, FSU who have had over 160 sexual assault claims in 4 years, yet you never hear about it. But a middle type school like MSU...lets kill them...that will make us feel better about our selves..and we can all go back to our lives and talking about the major schools...as if this is only happening at the one evil program and school.

Maybe they deserve to be killed and buried for what happened. But let's not kid ourselves and think it isn't going on elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X