Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ Scott is redshirting this year.

Comment

• old news

Comment

• Old? It was just announced, last week was the first time this possibility was broached.

Comment

• Next year crucial for Spartans. MSU probably better this year than 6-4 record indicates, but in danger of slipping back to the B1G pack, IMO. With Notre Dame and Michigan riding high along with Ohio State, it will be hard for Spartans to keep up with top tier in this part of the country. Also, Dantonio's getting up in years. Best would be to get a fresh start with a new coach, but Dantonio's not going anywhere after another solid, if 2nd tier, year.

Comment

• I wouldn't count out Dantonio, and, were I MSU, I'd be holding on to him for dear life. Just look at all the choices they made before they landed him.

Comment

• Dantonio's only problem is competing with Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan every year, none of the three are 'down' like he's enjoyed during most of his tenure. He's a really good coach in a really tough division.

Comment

• Yeah, he's a good coach. He's made the CFP and will make a bowl game 11 out of his 12 years there with a record of 106-49. Tough to recruit to MichState.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dantonio's only problem is competing with Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan every year,
                  This is really it. If he were in the West then he'd be in great shape. He'd be Wisconsin. But, when you look at the talent coming into the B10, it's almost all going to 3 schools and those 3 schools are all in the same division as Sparty. The likelihood of all 3 schools whiffing on 4* and 5* kids is pretty low.

He's still done enough to recruit well enough to build teams that are hard to play. The big variable, IMO, is whether they can get good QB play. He had a pretty decent stretch of QBs that sort of came from the high 3* pile capped off with Conner Cook, who was a really good CFB QB. I thought Lewerke might be the next in that line, but for whatever reason -- injuries, for sure -- he's been really not great. Of course, they've also had debilitating injuries to their WR Corps (and OL and secondary). It's not been an easy year for Sparty.

On the upside, some of their best players are going to be back next year. They get their entire DL back, and those guys are good. Bachie is back. I really like Layne, and he's back. Plus the rest of their secondary except maybe a safety. They should be really good on defense next year.

They also have most of the kids who played against OSU back on offense, for better or worse. Cody White and Stewart at WR. All their various RBs. And Lewerke. If they can figure out how to be slightly above average on defense next year then they'll be a legit top 20 team.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sparty had crippling injuries this season at every position on offense. Their defense is really good, their offense should've been solid or even better. Since they don't recruit at the level of their B1G East competition they don't have the depth to cover from those injuries.

With some better health, luck they could've won the B1G this season.
                    Last edited by WM Wolverine; November 13, 2018, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, it would not be best to get a new start with a new coach. With MSU, you are playing roulette with hiring a coach, they've had good and they've had terrible. The current administration would be hard pressed to hire a great coach unless Izzo ran the coaching search which is what happened last time. But right now there is no stability there.

A little bit of a down year after going in with high expectations. They have some decent recruits coming in and should have most of the team back. They won't be rated going into the next season and that will be a benefit truthfully. I think Lewerke will be the QB, but I think he has been gutting it out all season to keep Lombardi off the field. The disappointment with MSU is they didn't capitalize on their success in recruiting. I don't think it is as hard to recruit to MSU as is commonly said, but you need some ace recruiters on the staff and they don't have it. They don't spend money on coaches.

Comment

• Sparty 23 UNL 9
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That would be good, I doubt the Spartans can score that much.

Comment

• Have you seen our defense?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah.You stink!

Comment

• Well I'm not on the team Stan...but thanks. You give off quite an odor as well.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X