Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• [emoji38]
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Oh man this is absolutely awful, the whole team has fallen apart. There is no excuse for this season. This may be worse than 1991.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Oh man this is absolutely awful, the whole team has fallen apart. There is no excuse for this season. This may be worse than 1991.
          Well, that's a fair assessment but I suspect MSU will put up a fight despite some pretty awful OL play and revolving door QBs none of whom have gotten the job done. The Spartan back end on D is a mess and that's putting it mildly.

But, the Illini showed they can get into M's backfield and be disruptive. I suspect they will do that. OTH, Speight has shown he can handle the pressure and generally gotten better overall. If MSU has to commit 5-6 helmets to get pressure on Speight, that's not a good thing for MSU as M has too many ways to beat that sort of thing.

This is one of those games where everyone is expecting M to blow out their next opponent. I think they will win but it's going to be closer that the experts will predict it twill be. I base that on M's road experience. They've played one road game, one, and that was against a really weak opponent. MSU isn't going to roll over and play dead like Rutgers appeared to do.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Outside of two quarters against the Irish, there is no evidence that MSU is better than the weak Rutgers team. They certainly have more talent, but it is not showing itself. Fortunately or unfortunately we have a state playoff game at the same time as this game. I am afraid it's the former.
            Last edited by froot loops; October 24, 2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Michigan has come into this game fairly intimidated over the past 8 years. MSU players talked tough and backed it up. Rodriguez had a team full of midgets and guys who were undersized at their position. Hoke's teams talked tough but didn't live up to their bravado. This year is different. MSU has lost 5 in a row and has lost confidence. Harbaugh has instilled the toughness that Brady Hoke only talked about. The final play of last year's game is motivation enough to keep these Wolverines focused and bent on revenge. Unless the game is played in a monsoon, I am confident of victory.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Michigan has come into this game fairly intimidated over the past 8 years. MSU players talked tough and backed it up. Rodriguez had a team full of midgets and guys who were undersized at their position. Hoke's teams talked tough but didn't live up to their bravado. This year is different. MSU has lost 5 in a row and has lost confidence. Harbaugh has instilled the toughness that Brady Hoke only talked about. The final play of last year's game is motivation enough to keep these Wolverines focused and bent on revenge. Unless the game is played in a monsoon, I am confident of victory.
                I think a monsoon is advantage Harbaugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tslisher View Post
                  I think a monsoon is advantage Harbaugh!
                  I was thinking the same thing.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Sat is going to be painful during pregame watching that play over and over again.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Why watch the pregame? It's a waste of time.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Sparty is dead silent, did they all jump off the bandwagon?

Comment

• They were silent when things were going good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              They were silent when things were going good.
                              No they weren't.

Comment

• They silently put up billboards to celebrate wins over Michigan...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X