No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Rutgers Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Rutgers is a tomato can, but M looked very good. I couldn't watch past midway through the 2nd. Shoulda went to 12 minute quarters and a running clock.

Looking at yours and OSU's schedule, I think you ate both 11-0 and top 4 in the CFP poll when you play that game. Should be a great game.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Concur. I can see both getting in the CFP...especially if Clemson loses a game.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 1-loss conference champs (P5) will be in over other 1-loss teams.

Comment

• Why did Braden sit out the first few series? Doghouse?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Concur. I can see both getting in the CFP...especially if Clemson loses a game.
            Then Louisville gets in.

Comment

• for the B1G to place 2 in (not going to happen), most of the other conference champions are going to have to have 2 losses ... highly highly unlikely.

Comment

• Herbie (who actually has vote in the CFP?)

Puts Washington ahead of Michigan in his top four.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I don't believe he has a vote in the CFP

Comment

• Selection Committee

A talented group of high-integrity individuals with experience as coaches, student-athletes, collegiate administrators and journalists, along with sitting athletics directors, comprise the selection committee. The group will create rankings seven times each year. The members of the selection committee are: Jeff Long (chair), Barry Alvarez, Mike Gould, Pat Haden, Tom Jernstedt, Oliver Luck, Archie Manning, Tom Osborne, Dan Radakovich, Condoleezza Rice, Mike Tranghese, Steve Wieberg and Tyrone Willingham.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                      Herbie (who actually has vote in the CFP?)

Puts Washington ahead of Michigan in his top four.
                      UW did beat Rutgers by 35 points, so they must be amazing.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                        I don't believe he has a vote in the CFP
                        On top of being a f'in idiot
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          I don't understand why Shane Morris got so much more playing time than O'Korn. Speight sucked ass again last night, and O'Korn needs reps if JH ever decides he's seen enough of Speight's inaccurate floaters. He has a slow release, and he has a tendency to be too fine with passes to wide open receivers. He's best when he just throws the damn ball.
                          I am wondering that too. Maybe he is purposely holding down O'Korn's exposure because he doesn't want a QB controversy to break out in the media? Speight has some terrific intangibles but despite that it is really hard to see how O'Korn can't be better.

Comment

• Well until Morris came in I assumed that O'Korn was getting an audition. Esp with a bye week upcoming it would be a decent spot to switch if you're going to. Once it was clear Morris and O'Korn were rotating that theory seemed weaker.

Comment

• Speight seems to be the limiting factor in the offense expanding. One of the regular writers at mgoblog supposed that Harbaugh tried to expand the play-book at Rutgers and the weather and maybe Speight to a larger degree made that a bad idea.

Wet ball? If that was the case it increases the necessity for the QB to get the ball into tight spaces. Read that the receivers did change gloves during the heavier rain but when your QB is throwing it high and outside, you won't get strikes.... that was my impression with his throws, especially when it was raining.

However, there's no way I'm going to second guess JH and JF; if Morris or O'Korn were ready to start, they would already have been starting. What I think is going on is that Speight remains the best choice at QB for reasons that we have some inkling of and the offense is being adjusted to account for his skills or lack thereof.

Speaking of doing that, after 6 games, the offense has scored 300 points at a 50ppg pace. Speight ranks #28 on the ESPN QBR scale (71.8). When we found out Speight was going to start, I opined the offense would be fine as long as Speight's QBR didn't drop below 60.

It appears that the OL knows what to do (well coached) and against 6 defenses, one top 5 (Wisconsin) executes at a fairly high level. I like the right side better than the left but Cole is very good, Ben Braden is solid if not spectacular and JBB at LT appears to be up to the task given the capacity of coaches to scheme around his weaknesses and put the right plays in.

So, I'm not worried about Speight and that is because Michigan may have the best coaching staff in CFB right now and it appears that they are doing a pretty damn good with the Jimmy's and Joes on the offensive player roster and putting those guys in positions to do well, including Wilton Speight.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah. The QBing is underwhelming, but JH probably knows that.

Comment

Working...
                                X