No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Rutgers Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you'd rather rejoice in a couple of walk ons that left points on the board with horrible misses vice the nations top rated kicking prospect? Is he a shinny new toy? Yes, but at least he has the pedigree to make us think we have something.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

So, yeah, I'm in New Jersey, the Garden State. Say what? It's New Jersey. Actually, the area around Rutgers is really nice. Clearly plenty of money around here. Not sure where people having it are working though.

Anyway, most are talking about a beat down. The numbers absolutely predict M scoring a billion and Rutgers getting stoned. The 1 v 1s, dudes on dudes, paints an interesting story about the run game. So does the reality of Grant Newsome gone.

For the PA to shred Rutgers the run game has to be overpowering and Speight has to look pretty much like Tom Brady. That's probably not going to happen. Could happen but I'd say the likelihood is low.

Rutgers has decent cover guys and a NT that is an early round NFL draft pick. osu neutralized this with what they do. M doesn't do that. So, look to see Deveon Smith getting under 4ypc most of the time unless he inflates that stat with some big chunk plays assuming he gets to the second level and the weak LBs - a disaster for Rutgers.

I really don't think Rutgers is going to score so, none of that really matters except going forward and the thinking that Speight isn't going to do what Ruddock did - improve dramatically - and M's run game will emerge from this game as looking pretty mediocre.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 8, 2016, 07:28 AM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Prediction? Prediction:

I'm going to decrease M's scoring to somewhere around 35 for not looking great because they aren't and first away game.

I'll give Rutgers a ......... on second thought, no I won't, 0.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

i bet they try the jet sweeps until they don't work anymore.

Comment

Rutgers has some more talent on defense than I thought after seeing Ohio State destroy them. M's running game vs Rutgers rush defense is the key match-up as M needs the PA pass to open things up for Speight.

Comment

Wait, what? What? That "defense" just conceded 410 yards rushing. The 2nd-teamers went straight down the field twice on hand-offs -- infernal holding penalty cost OSU another TD and Oracle the Over.

M ought to be able to run for 200 yards between the tackles and another 100+ with their edge running game. I mean...they're AWFUL.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Hmmm......so yes taking IU and the 20 points but predicting M with 300 yards rushing. My what a difference perspective makes.

Look, nobody knows what the Newsome injury will mean to M's mediocre OL/run game. It's going to be something but what, we don't know yet.

osu runs such a different offense, I don't think your comparison works well.

Comment

I'm taking 28. I'd give 20. I think 28 is pretty much on the button, so it's a game I wouldn't bet. I'm not particularly sold on Indiana as being some sort of legitimate challenge. We'll see.

I agree, obviously, that OSU/M run different stuff. But, man, the bulk of what OSU was running against Rutgers was power and a lot of that was "here it comes" sort of stuff. They didn't have to go all that deep in the playbook.

Anyway, Rutgers has played two "top" teams. I expect M's performance to be somewhere in that range. I expect them to exceed Washington's showing. Not sure if they best OSU's performance, but that doesn't really matter. They'll wail them in their own way.

Comment

Fair. I do think M wins going away. The story to me though will be the OL/run game looking better than serviceable and Speight approaching Ruddock level of play, i.e., looking a lot better than he did last week.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 8, 2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

When I was a sophomore our team stunk. The senior class had 1 starter. The rest of us were juniors and sophomores. We played a team that was super talented and stone stupid. Their offensive line was huge for our league. They ran double tights and stacked-I and gave to the TB and that was it. They didn't win the league because even with that simple offense they missed assignments -- stone stupid. Against us, however, they didn't risk it. They literally pointed out who they were blocking the whole game. And we couldn't stop it. We lost 26-21, though it was dispiriting to give up 5 yards a play every play with them calling out blocks.

That's what M ought to be able to do to Rutgers.

Comment

I beg to differ.
                        Rutgers is saying this is their NC game and the M is their biggest rival. They'll be up and we'll be OK. Speight's first road game. Team set-up for a let-up after big game last week.

I expect our performance to be very under-whelming, with people (led by Hanni) questioning if we are any good after the game. Still expecting us to win, but not the blowout many are expecting. How "AWFUL" as Talent is building Rutgers to be is irrelevant.

Comment

Those factors (this is Rutgers Bowl Game, they want revenge, they chose us to be their rival, etc.) would mean more if M's defense wasn't a lock to hold them to less than 3 scores.

Comment

9 in the box, M runs the ball.

Comment

DeVeon Smith is in there because he doesn't fumble, then fumbles. Rutgers with a very short field; inside the M 40.

Comment

F'in Hurricane Matthew is rutgers' best player
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X