Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois @ Michigan, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart move.

Now, STFU.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Loud mouth soup has been flowing all day...not likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Make no mistake, Peppers had a shitty day. Don't remember him making a tackle, was picked up on all 6 blitzes with ease, could not run for any yards at all in the wildcat, made a terrible fair catch with nobody near him within 15 yards. Had one decent kickoff return.
        Can't remember exactly what play it was but there was one play where Peppers came from all the way across the field to make a touchdown tackle saving play. But, agree, not the most spectacular day for him or so it seemed.

Comment

• The fake punt made no sense. Harbaugh challenging the call with 2 minutes to go was also pretty hilarious. I was surprised to see the stats after the game. 561-172. Watching it live it did not look that dominating. In particular, I thought that the run "D" looked soft at times, even with the first stringers in, and there was not enough pressure on the QB.

Comment

• You miss the first half?

Comment

• Misses a lot of stuff evidently.

Comment

• Hanni is correct our DL was surprisingly docile --- we were out-sacked and way way out-TFL'd by Illini. Our blitzes were invariably picked-up. In re-watching the game, the DL looked to be playing a little uninspired, and our blitz design was piss-poor. This may have been an attempt to keep the blitz play calls very vanilla, but that would be very un-Harbaugh like.

Not sure I would read that as warning signs yet in a team that has been pretty dominant all season.

I have no issue at all with trying the fake punt --- why not try and test out stuff when you know you are going to win.

Similarly with challenging the call at the end ... why the hell not? Your plan is just to get the 1st down and run out the game. Why not show your team that you treat everything seriously and precisely, even the kneel down. And in fact JH was correct ... I still don't understand the replay. It's true we didn't get the first down, but the ball was not marked at the correct spot.

Comment

• Trying to figure out if PB's post is tongue in cheek.

517 yards? Is that what it was? I can't reconcile that kind of offense with your view of Illinois' D.

172 yards? 8 points? I can't reconcile that kind of M D with your view of it.

Maybe it's just me.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• all the numbers you post are of course correct ... but go ahead and check # of sacks and # of TFL's for each team. This was not Rutgers where there was almost no negative thing to point to.

Comment

• Sack is a TFL, Illini beat us in sacks and what? Despite those M was still nearly 350 more in yardage. Wasn't a flawless performance but M was mostly dominant.

Comment

• They almost looked bored. When you score on 5 of your first 6 possessions, and the other team has Jeff George Jr. at QB, what's to play for? They won and are healthy. Next week is the red letter game they've been waiting over a year to avenge.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                          all the numbers you post are of course correct ... but go ahead and check # of sacks and # of TFL's for each team. This was not Rutgers where there was almost no negative thing to point to.

WM's follow up to your post ......"They beat us in sacks and what?" ...... is important for two reasons: (1) Illinois has a couple of NFL caliber players on their DL; that's their strong suit among a ton of glaring weaknesses on their D. My sense is that M's coaching staff knew that going in (2) The Illini's DC along with Lovie Smith is known for bringing the house on almost every play. M's coaching staff knew that too to the tune of nearly 300 yards rushing and a 16 for 23, 260 yard passing performance for Speight.

That Illinois stuck with that inoperable plan giving up 41 points in the process is a testament to bad coaching.

I appreciate your complaints, PB, but it's gotten to little nits as far as finding fault with this team. Plenty of talking heads saying M is playing the best football of any team in CFB right now. I'm not listening to any of that and I can tell you with some degree of certainty M's coaching staff will drown that kind of talk out of the heads of their players this week.

Comment

• LOL at M fans trying to nitpick and find anything negative, just so they can moronically call themselves, "objectives". Hope you find what you're looking for. That's great, go ahead and point out how we allowed 17 yards more rushing than UCF and how that's going to be a MAJOR issue next week, just to justify how fucking paranoid you are that shit's about to crumble.

Fuck me, enjoy the season. After the last decade, you'd think you'd want to.

Let's play the all knowing Transitive game too while we're at it, just so we can determine that we have no chance to cover vs MSU next week and how Dantonio, outmanned, X'ed and O'ed circles around Harbaugh, again, just so you can tout yourself as an "objective" fan, no matter how idiotic you sound.

No one here is predicting us to win the natty this year. Please, keep hanging out at the shithole Mgoblog for that. But keep your bullshit over there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              LOL at M fans trying to nitpick and find anything negative, just so they can moronically call themselves, "objectives".

No one here is predicting us to win the natty this year. Please, keep hanging out at the shithole Mgoblog for that. But keep your bullshit over there too.

Whatever. I am thoroughly enjoying the season. I am not complaining about our coaching like some others here. But OK fine, we were perfect in every way.

Comment

• Ignore Oracle ..... he's been drinking.

Appreciate the nit picking. Appreciate the objectivity. The best part about this forum is that it's NOT an echo chamber. I can guarantee you that the M coaching staff has plenty of material that we don't see and certainly have no clue about that serve as teaching points ....... like the 42 yard Illinois run play that (I think it was) Peppers chased down to ultimately save a TD and force a punt.

As Oracle wisely points out, you can get that over at mgoblog forum among the children there.

Comment

Working...
                                X