Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois @ Michigan, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois @ Michigan, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

The numbers paint a bleak picture for the Illini. Iv'e seen teams coming off a bye play flat so, that's a potential problem.

I don't think it is going to be one for a HARBAUGH!! coached M team though. Jake Butt was quoted as saying after the Rutgers win, "Coach told us the two most important games of the 2016 season were the ones right before and right after the bye week."

M is likely going to rack up big rushing numbers against the Illinois defense and if Illinois can score more than 7 points, it's going to come off turnovers/short fields.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

I had a dream; 77-7...

Comment

Sounds about right.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Tune up for Sparty, stay healthy. Rumors that Speights shoulder still hasn't been right since that big hit vs Colorado. Not really buying it, that hitch in his throwing mechanics ad to these rumors.

Comment

49 - 3. They take it easy on them in the second half.

Comment

Do not underestimate The Lovie...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The Lovie minus weapons is hog tied.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Rumors that Speights shoulder still hasn't been right since that big hit vs Colorado. Not really buying it, that hitch in his throwing mechanics ad to these rumors.
                Hopefully the bye week helped rest it.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Michigan favored by 34 right now.

It's hard for me to see us not covering that with Illinois just having given up 200+ rushing yards to both Purdue and Rutgers. But I guess that the gamblers have a pretty hard ceiling on how many points they are willing to spot somebody, now matter how awful they are.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; October 17, 2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Unless something really strange happens and for some reason Illinois makes a game of this, I don't see JH or DB doing anything exotic. We're going to see a lot of Power I formations and PA stuff on offense but I do expect Brown's D will get after it.

Not entirely sure of this and nothing objective to back this up but among Power 5 teams competing for conference crowns and a CFB playoff spot, these teams want to protect the calculations that the selection committee uses. That's an anecdotal observation.

When a team does something like M did to Rutgers, it does have an impact on these calculations. I'd suspect to see JH do what is necessary to "protect calculations." IOW, if Illinois gets fatigued on D because they can't get off the field or decides to quit like Rutgers appeared to do, Harbaugh is not going to call the dogs off.

Win with character, win with cruelty.

Comment

I'll be shooting a wedding on Saturday. Doubtful that I can achieve the Cone of Silence but I may try for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Unless something really strange happens and for some reason Illinois makes a game of this, I don't see JH or DB doing anything exotic. We're going to see a lot of Power I formations and PA stuff on offense but I do expect Brown's D will get after it.

Not entirely sure of this and nothing objective to back this up but among Power 5 teams competing for conference crowns and a CFB playoff spot, these teams want to protect the calculations that the selection committee uses. That's an anecdotal observation.

When a team does something like M did to Rutgers, it does have an impact on these calculations. I'd suspect to see JH do what is necessary to "protect calculations." IOW, if Illinois gets fatigued on D because they can't get off the field or decides to quit like Rutgers appeared to do, Harbaugh is not going to call the dogs off.

Win with character, win with cruelty.

The funny thing is Harbaugh did call the dogs off at Rutgers. 2nd half was all 2nd and 3rd stringers. He only threw 3 passes in the entire 2nd half, and none of those was over 10 yards. You have to still play the game, and he did pretty much everything he could do other than calling the victory formation as every play in the 4th. And we still whooped them by 78.

Comment

I'd say something like:

M 63 - 3.... Illinois gets a cheap field goal in garbage time off of an Int by whatever back-up quarterback is in at that point.

Comment

It's crazy that people in Illinois might be longing for the Ron Zook-era.

Comment

Tslicher ....... if I remember correctly, the rotation on the DL stayed pretty much in tact until late 4th when Brown got down deep in the roster. It was Wormley, Glasgow and Godin, and then Gary got some snaps along with Charlton. Bryan Mone played well into the 4th (did not start). Hurst was in a good deal at DT. So was Winovich.

Very late we saw Shelton Johnson and Lawrence Marshall. I think I saw Wroblewski and Garrett Miller too. Lots of depth actually as these guys all played well.

I know Peppers went out early 4th buy Lewis and Stribbling played at CB and so did Hill and Dymonte Thomas at S. I think Kinnel and Hudson got some playing time at S but limited..... I also seem to remember Kinnel was in on some late runs by Rutgers previously completely shut down.

You're right on O though but that was nothing unusual and the second team O is not much of a drop off...... against the likes of Rutgers whose defense by that time was just gassed and looked like they'd given up. Sad. No, I take that back. Cruel and highly enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                              X