Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    And yet he elected to kick a FG in the red zone down 20 in the 4th quarter.
    Yeah, if there were a call I'd take issue with, it would be that one, but even that one I can understand to a point. It was 4th and 16, roughly, they'd had no passing game to speak of, and certainly not one they could count on in that spot, and they hadn't scored in nearly two full quarters. That wasn't ideal game management, but that might have been the best they could do there. If Geiger makes that one, the rest of the game might have been more nerve-wracking. As it was, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Comment

• Never going to be disappointed in a Michigan W. Worst I can be is underwhelmed, and I really wasn't that.

It was 30-10 with 8 minutes left. MSU kept playing hard and scored 2 garbage time TDs; good for them.

We did a lot of things wrong and still had control of the game. I can live with that.

Comment

• "The one and only criticism is that we took the foot off the gas. Fine. "

Yeah, it nearly cost 'em. State was only down 13 when they scored to cut the lead to 7. A PAT and an onside kick recovery would have been interesting. Especially since our defense looked gassed. I wanted to see the Harbaugh 4th qtr. killer instinct.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          "The one and only criticism is that we took the foot off the gas. Fine. "

Yeah, it nearly cost 'em. State was only down 13 when they scored to cut the lead to 7. A PAT and an onside kick recovery would have been interesting. Especially since our defense looked gassed. I wanted to see the Harbaugh 4th qtr. killer instinct.
          LOL

There was 1 second on the clock. It was a meaningless TD and the game was over.

At no point was Michigan in danger of losing this game. They never allowed it to get to that point.

Comment

• They were deep in M territory down by 13 with enough time left. It was possible. Jim let it get too close.

Comment

They were deep in M territory down by 13 with enough time left. It was possible. Jim let it get too close.
              There was not enough time left for anything. It was garbage time.

Even if they had gotten the inside kick the clock would have expired. Game was over.

Comment

• ....... just checked, MSU was 4/12 on 3rd and 1/4 on 4th. Those are dominant numbers for a D, on the road when it counts.

So, call me blitheringly clueless for giving credit where it's due. I just can't fathom what your expectations are for this team. Its CFB, shit happens and it didn't happen to M in a big rivalry game. That's a win for the coaching staff and the players.

I will grant you that Dantonio did have a good game plan and the first drive where MSU scored and when he brought Terry in in the mid fourth for a change of pace worked for 14 points. But the M coaching staff adjusted and that was the end of that. So, IMO, the score determines who coached better and that's what counts. I could give a shit less what Dantonio and his boys did when the coaches end up dialing up a loss.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Exactly. MD is a great coach. He was going to have them prepared.

Comment

• We didnt play well at all. Still played well enough to control the game and win it.

Moving on.

Comment

• Comment

We didnt play well at all......
                        Curious. By what measure? The eyeball? Not always the best measure.

That we all got a little nervous is good for the M/MSU rivalry. I would have been disappointed if Sparty had laid down. Credit to the MSU players they didn't. More credit to M that they bore down and got it done. Will pay off going forward. @ Iowa and @ osu comes to mind and now, M has been tested on the road and done well enough to win.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Our tacking was shit. Our defensive YAC was inexcusable.

Defenders were in position to make tackles and when you play press coverage as much as we do you cannot miss tackles because there usually isn't a 2nd tackler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            Curious. By what measure? The eyeball? Not always the best measure.

That we all got a little nervous is good for the M/MSU rivalry. I would have been disappointed if Sparty had laid down. Credit to the MSU players they didn't. More credit to M that they bore down and got it done. Will pay off going forward. @ Iowa and @ osu comes to mind and now, M has been tested on the road and done well enough to win.
                            Correct, on point.

I will say the D line didn't play well. Not enough push, didn't recognize all that quickly. Don't really have a complaint anywhere else.

Comment

There was not enough time left for anything. It was garbage time.

Even if they had gotten the inside kick the clock would have expired. Game was over.
                              From M-Live:
                              1:46For the third time this half, Michigan's defense rises to the occasion. With MSU facing fourth-and-5 from the Michigan 13 and trailing by 13, Jabrill Peppers sacks Lewerke for an 8-yard loss. Michigan takes over at its own 21 and will try to put this one away.

They were on the Michigan 13 down by 13 with 1:46 left. They had time if they had been able to score on 4th down.

Comment

1:46 ? For the third time this half, Michigan's defense rises to the occasion. With MSU facing fourth-and-5 from the Michigan 13 and trailing by 13, Jabrill Peppers sacks Lewerke for an 8-yard loss. Michigan takes over at its own 21 and will try to put this one away.

They were on the Michigan 13 down by 13 with 1:46 left. They had time if they had been able to score on 4th down.
                                ...and it took them 1:45 to move the ball donwfield and by that time it was over.

Comment

Working...
                                X