Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really wanted a blow out, but will take it! Was nervous as fuck worrying about an upset (how hard would that be?? think about it) Never easy winning rival game in EL. Peppers capping off the 2pt was a cool in your face Dantonio.

Sparty Fans were chanting "Fuck Jim Harbaugh!" During the game.

Harbaugh seemed to get conservative after the Speight int Still 8-0 Sparty has lost 6 in a row :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      ...and it took them 1:45 to move the ball donwfield and by that time it was over.

No, they took a sack on 4th down. Read it again. Had they scored, they had a chance to get the ball back with about 1:30 left in the game.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• So we're down to finding what ifs just to discount our margin of victory.

MOV doesn't mean a fucking thing. Win. Move on. Why are we trying to find the holes and act like they project to the games down the road just to fucking worry? Hanni has already proven it's very idiotic to to do. It forces you to stay away from game threads until we don't cover the spread.

Comment

• Michigand beat a rival who's season is over on the rival's field

State's only thing left to play for this year was a win over Michigan. They played like it. Michigan played better and won.

Michigan didn't suck, they didn't get out coached or out played. They won the game.

What more analysis do you need?
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Michigand beat a rival who's season is over on the rival's field

State's only thing left to play for this year was a win over Michigan. They played like it. Michigan played better and won.

Michigan didn't suck, they didn't get out coached or out played. They won the game.

What more analysis do you need?
            Jeezus christ, you'd think you're on the Lions forum right?

Comment

• whew ... glad to get past this game.
              I thought Sparty played pretty awesome. Our D looked slow and tentative to begin and that helped Sparty build some confidence which made this a competitive game.
              I think I have been fairly critical, but I have to say Hanni is pretty comical.

Sparty wanted it more and looked better prepared than us ... sure, of course. JH has been very clear all year that they treat every game the same. Dantonio has been equally clear that they prepare for M like no other --- plays are saved for this game, players give everything they have in the tank -- they completely sell out for this one game.

If we had lost Hanni has a bigger beef, but we won without treating the game with the same level of importance as our opponent, and on the road. You want to call that being outcoached and add this to your growing "mountain" of evidence that Harbaugh is not a good coach and you would rather have someone else... go right ahead... you're on a pretty lonely island.

Was this a great game by our team ... absolutely, not --- I doubt any here would argue otherwise. Does our team have potential flaws, weaknesses that others (e.g. Urbz) might exploit, absolutely.

I was thinking 10-2 or 11-1 with a loss to O-state (and maybe Iowa) before the season, and I haven't seen much to change my mind. But Hanni ... get a life, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                whew ... glad to get past this game.
                I thought Sparty played pretty awesome. Our D looked slow and tentative to begin and that helped Sparty build some confidence which made this a competitive game.
                I think I have been fairly critical, but I have to say Hanni is pretty comical.

Sparty wanted it more and looked better prepared than us ... sure, of course. JH has been very clear all year that they treat every game the same. Dantonio has been equally clear that they prepare for M like no other --- plays are saved for this game, players give everything they have in the tank -- they completely sell out for this one game.

If we had lost Hanni has a bigger beef, but we won treating the game with the same level of importance as our opponent, and on the road. You want to call that being outcoached and add this your growing "mountain" of evidence that Harbaugh is not a good coach and you would rather have someone else... go right ahead... you're on a pretty lonely island.

Was this a great game by our team ... absolutely, not --- I doubt any here would argue otherwise. Does our team have potential flaws, weaknesses that others (e.g. Urbz) might exploit, absolutely.

I was thinking 10-2 or 11-1 with a loss to O-state (and maybe Iowa) before the season, and I haven't seen much to change my mind. But Hanni ... get a life, buddy.
                I'd quibble and say equally prepared. We got hit in the mouth on the opening drive and then went to outscore them 27-3 before, for whatever fucking reason, going in a shell.

Comment

• The first 3 quarters were fine. The 4th quarter sucked. Which I think I'm free to say. It got a little too close for comfort at the end. I don't give a rat's ass if anyone wants to hear it.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That's cool. But the game was never in doubt.

Comment

• I agree with the point that the Speight INT made JH a little more conservative. By the way, the Speight INT was a long time coming ... I was always worried about his lack of velocity on that type of throw ... though in the case it was just a bad decision, and no amount of velocity would have helped. Overall Speight answered the bell. Sparty was teetering and ripe for being blown out before the Speight pick.

Comment

• Great win! Harbaugh is 18-3 and 8-0 this year #2... were back period. Complaining about margin of victories is a good thing.

Comment

• Speight's INT was him not reading a safety covering that zone, nothing to do with arm strength.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              That's cool. But the game was never in doubt.
                              Hey man if you're happy with it then great but I'm most certainly not. Harbaugh is the best fucking thing since sliced bread to me but today doesn't cut it. Todays game reminded me a TON of last years game.

The first half was a really good half of football for both teams and Michigan was really in a position to put things out of reach. Then for whatever reason Michigan just didn't play well the later half of the 3rd and 4th quarters. If MSU had any form of QB that game would have been a serious heart attack. MSU left a lot of points on the board.

And that bush league swapping QBs in the middle of a drive on the opponents side of the field is just shit for brains. Play Peppers all you want at WR / RB but you leave Speight in the game and leave Morris at home. If we try that garbage with oiho its going to make for a long game
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• UM less than impressive today. They dominated in the 1st half but we got owned by Sparty in the 2nd half, largely by backup QB's. Color me less than impressed by UM. The defense is still susceptible on the perimeter and they didn't get any pressure on the QB today.

Comment

Working...
                                X