Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say London is good, I think Holmes and Scott are pretty good. I've seen enough of London. Holmes should be the clear #1 with Scott being the backup.

There have been times even in this dreadful season where the offense has had stretches where they looked good, but those have been fleeting. The defense has flat out sucked.

Comment

Michigan is absolutely bursting with confidence and on top of their game now. Michigan State is in precisely the opposite circumstance. These are conditions pointing to a blowout.

Michigan 63 - Michigan State 3 (nothing to be embarassed about, we beat a good Hawaii team by the same score)

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Even beating Michigan would not do anything positive for this turd of a season. Even though the games are normally hard fought, there have been a few games where one side has won handily. A demolition might push Mark Dantonio to make some changes in the offseason on the coaching staff.
        He can't hire Nards back.

Comment

It doesn't have to be Pat Narduzzi. I was thinking more about promoting Dave Warner to the NFL.

Comment

45-7 seems reasonable. Hope it's like that. Could see 31-10 or something too...just don't see how they're gonna score.

Comment

Special teams and on defense.

38-10 is about what I expect, Sparty has a couple good safeties who keep plays in front of them; teams have lengthy drives against them instead.

Comment

Speight is the Wild Card. Spartans insert a new defense just for this game, and a confused Speight matches Vinny Testaverde's 1987 Fiesta Bowl performance with 5 interceptions. MSU 13 U-M 7. Afterward, Harbaugh says the team needs titanium in their spines.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Speight is too careful with the football and he won't need to throw it that much anyway as M should get 300+ rushing yards against Sparty.

Comment

If State had a new defense for this game they would have inserted it after the BYU game. The cake is baked, if MSU receives a few turnovers then it is a game but they haven't forced many turnovers and can't stop anyone on 3rd down. 56-7 with the eight TD coming on a fake field goal.

Comment

56-7 with the eight TD coming on a fake field goal.
                      Late in the 4th quarter.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

I'm loathe to predict a score as I just want the win, regardless. But M should take this comfortably. My guess is there will be some sort of trepidation early on - MSU gets a turnover or two or a broken play results in a TD or something. But I don't expect this M team to get nervous or fold in such a case and will take it with something comfortable like 34-10.

Comment

State should come out in the wishbone. Something that is totally inconceivable as to be a different team to prepare for. If they come out standard it will be a woopin for sure.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Gl-n8uVC4"]Michigan vs. Michigan State Hype Video 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

56-7 with the eighth TD coming on a fake field goal.
                              I see we think alike. :smile:

There seems to be a misperception that Michigan is a grind it out team. I heard someone on the radio say that the game would be closer than the spread, because Michigan isn't an explosive team. Michigan has the 3rd highest points per game with 48.7 (from ESPN Stats), right behind Louisville (52.6) and Texas Tech (50.3). Of course, a lot of the point production comes from the defense giving the offense more possession time and shorter fields. And Peppers on the special teams also helps. But points are points.

It seems that we've been passing more this year, even when we have a big lead. And, as I recall, it was Alabama's passing that destroyed the Spartans last year. Harbaugh is not stupid and will throw the ball until the score differential is somewhere near Michigan's NCAA-leading 38.7 points per game.

Comment

Brian, at mgoblog, just put up a good piece called the essentials. He predictsaid a score of 35-0, M.

Two things: he thinks Scott has the potential to break a few big plays because, well, he is good. Sequan Barkley good? I don't think so and M held him under 100y and he racked up 42 on one play. Removing that play and he rushed for under 3ypc. I actually think PSU's OL was probably better when M faced them than MSU's is now. I'd disagree with Brian. But what do I know.

I do think Brown's D has the potential to give up a big play or three - potential with emphasis - I'm sensing it won't be to Scott. Maybe this is what Brian is trying to hedge his prediction on. Maybe Dantonio has some new play just for M that could fool the D. That's his thing and it's why I think MSU will get a TD. So I also disagree that M will shut out MSU during meaningful playing time.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X