Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Hmmmmm, so while I was writing my prediction. Brian at mgoblog posted his. I found this right off the bat and direct contradiction to what I said so, he watches a lot more football than I do and with a very competently analytic eye.

KEY MATCHUP: JIM HARBAUGH and FRIENDS versus OHIO STATE'S ABILITY TO GET THEIR RUN FITS. This is not a matchup Michigan wins by out-talenting the opposition. Outsmarting is a possibility if the previous two manball games are any indication. Harbaugh will throw the kitchen sink at this defense.

He also predicts an osu win: 18-13. I think it's close like that too but I am much less biased than he is so, my prediction will turn out to be right.
    Your race to win the unbiased/objective/impartial/neutrality trophy is.....strange. You try a little too hard and end up being wrong on the opposite side usually. Overcompensation.

It's okay to acknowledge we have a good team without worrying that Talent will scold you for it.

Comment

• Ha!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Incorrect.

Comment

• Well, I've said I think M wins by 3-6. I'm not sure who I'd be scolding. This is a close game. This isn't whether Hoke is a better coach than UFM or whether Hoke and UFM will have their 10-year war. This isn't nonsense. HARBAUGH is a great coach and he has as experienced team as he will ever have and it's up against a bunch of kids. It's fairly easy to justify picking M on that alone. You don't even have to get to Glasgow-Jordan or M DEs-Prince.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You could also pick solely on home/road factors before getting to individual matchups.

Comment

• Correct. I think you can reasonably pick either team.

Comment

• Rich Hewlett was going to be the quarterback of the future. Bo loved the option, and Hewlett ran it pretty well at Plymouth Salem. I saw him play basketball at Trenton High School the previous year. Good athlete. What happened, though, was that Wangler was a pretty damn good passer, and then Bo was able to snag Steve Smith from Grand Blanc.

Believe it or not, Steve Smith was the most highly rated QB in the country at the time. He may have also been the top overall prospect according to the services back then. His career was spotty, but he did beat OSU in his senior year of 1983 by a score of 24-21. Mike Tomczak was QB for the Schmucks. I attended that game with my father. It remains as the only OSU game I've seen in person.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  Your race to win the unbiased/objective/impartial/neutrality trophy is.....strange. You try a little too hard and end up being wrong on the opposite side usually. Overcompensation.

It's okay to acknowledge we have a good team without worrying that Talent will scold you for it.
                  That was a joke dumbass, heh.

I am biased. I should be. I'm writing in a Michigan football thread not reporting for Fox News.

Look, I don't give a crap if I'm right or wrong about a prediction. I enjoy reporting what's out there because I've got the time to read, digest and in most cases distill it for those that don't have the time.

I also don't give a crap about what talent says about M or osu other than to give balance to the rainbows and unicorn types and I'll do my damnedest to make sure he has the right to do it.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 25, 2016, 05:06 PM.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• This has been a really enjoyable discussion. I've really enjoyed reading JB's takes and not reading smack. Thanks, gents. I do honestly think this is your year. We'll see.

Comment

• Final 2 cents on da game...forgive me if this has already been discussed or is blatantly obvious to everyone. JTB is the biggest roadblock to our success. I have to believe the Harbaugh has designated Peppers to be his spy.

Comment

That was a joke dumbass, heh.

I am biased. I should be. I'm writing in a Michigan football thread not reporting for Fox News.

Look, I don't give a crap if I'm right or wrong about a prediction. I enjoy reporting what's out there because I've got the time to read, digest and in most cases distill it for those that don't have the time.

I also don't give a crap about what talent says about M or osu other than to give balance to the rainbows and unicorn types and I'll do my damnedest to make sure he has the right to do it.

Comment

• I said before the season that Michigan would lose in Iowa and then beat OSU. I still believe that. It is going to be a smashmouth physical donnybrook in this one.

Michigan 17
                          Ohio State 13
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Starting to feel good about this game, we can do it.

Comment

• Yeah, I was absolutely convinced HARBAUGH!!!! would prevail in 2015 in AA after osu got beaten by MSU.

So, more introspective on this one. It's hard to separate the typical M bias we all have from reality.

It's gonna be a soul crushing defeat for either team.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Yeah, I was absolutely convinced HARBAUGH!!!! would prevail in 2015 in AA after osu got beaten by MSU.

So, more introspective on this one. It's hard to separate the typical M bias we all have from reality.

It's gonna be a soul crushing defeat for either team.
                                Not for OSU. They have been playing with house money for about 10 years by now and they have another easy win coming next year and the year after that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X