Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a particular revealing piece from the O-Zone's Michigan Monday.

It's still good to see how the guy that writes this, a decent analyist but not as detailed as Brian and mgoblog, sees M's level of play.

He allows they really don't know about JOK. We do, he is not going to lose his tendencies to do the bad things he does playing away and in the shoe regardless of how good a QB coach JH might be working with him in a week's time.

He's not impressed with Deveon or Evans in their run game or Peppers in the offensive packages he runs. If M is to have a chance all these guys, along with M's OL, have to have huge games.

He is impressed with M's ST play noting that M leads the nation in blocked punts.

Like any good M or osu fan who relishes The Game, he opines he has no idea how this game will turn out and that is my basis for saying he doesn't say much.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

He writes as if he has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome. There's no hate. But I generally really like reading this column.

Comment

It's usually a much better column. That one reads like he was obliged to finish the series, but that his focus wasn't really on M-IU.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yes. I just read it and ended up drifting away.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Rutgers
            Yes, those Scarlet Knights are fearsome.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
              You're saying that it doesn't matter whether we have Speight or O'Korn?? Dude. I know Speight is coming off a career worst game, but it does matter, and a matters A LOT. A hell of a lot.
              You conveniently left off the part where I said it was because the O-line was average and either QB would be under heavy pressure.

Comment

For those who didn't live during the Woody v.s. Bo years. This is a pregame interview with Woody on November 22, 1969. I didn't see the original interview in real time. I joined the game in progress:

On the verge of completing the greatest season of his life, Ohio State Football Coach Woody Hayes talks about his vaunted Buckeye Machine the day before the ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  You conveniently left off the part where I said it was because the O-line was average and either QB would be under heavy pressure.
                  Okay, still. Who would you rather have under this pressure? Speight or O'Korn?

Pressure or not I don't know about you but I think I'd rather have the guy in who has thrown for 2,200 yards and 15 touchdowns (against 4 interceptions) this season over the guy who threw for barely over 50 yards last week. I mean I'm just saying.
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Doesn't matter if they lose by 14 points (Speight) or 30 (O'Korn). It's a loss. Obviously, Speight would be the better option Saturday if he were healthy. He's had a good season - except for that game in Iowa in a hostile environment where his O-line sucked. If he starts, and I don't think he will, he'll be out as soon as he takes a hit on that shoulder. I have no confidence in either QB will be capable of handling the moment like Harbaugh, Brady, Henne, or Greise. In my opinion, Michigan's only chance to win relies on their defense playing lights out, and the offense being the beneficiary of some turnovers deep in OSU territory.
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 22, 2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Containing JTB is key IMO b/c he will likely look to run more in this game than any other if we allow him. Force OSU to pass the ball or put them in obvious passing downs to take them out of their comfort zone. Obviously having JOK as the QB right now makes that a lot tougher because you need to control the game which means having a lead and get them out of their norm. This might come back to bite me, but I would rather see Weber carrying the load than Barrett because we know what Weber can do and I think our defense can stop him on a consistent basis, but Barrett is the "X-Factor" where if he rolls out and has the option to run or pass the ball I don't want to see another Troy Smith type of performance against Michigan.

Comment

Rocky is there any way you can go back to having a pretty girl as your avatar and some positive outlook for M? I know there's not many M fans in the Michigan forum anymore (because they left) but getting you back would be nice.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Im hearing Speight is going to give it a go, 70% right now and getting better (holding breath)

(Fingers Crossed)

Comment

honestly i'd rather have a fully healthy qb start than a less than at the helm.

Adjust with O'Korn stepping up in the pocket and get him into groove early on with high percentage routes.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I'd rather shoot Speight's shoulder up and have him give it a go before going to JOK. I'll bet that's what happens.

Comment

Sounds like a scene from Varsity Blues.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X