Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I hear (and read), we'll know who the starting QB is for the osu game when the offense first takes the field in the shoe and one of Speight or O'Korn go under center - or maybe from the shot gun ...... Huzzah.

To be clear, I'm not sure a hobbled Speight is going to have much more success on offense than O'Korn at 100%. It's not that hard to hand off to a RB and both of them can do that just fine. My view is that the cabal calling plays needs to find a way to run the ball. If that's using Peppers, fine. Do it. Then play to the defense, kicking game and STs. If M can get a short field, that would be nice. Block or run back a punt, also nice. Force a fumble, woot. Kick some FGs, fine with me.

It makes absolutely no sense to put Speight at risk, if he does play. We'd be watching him at 70% put up wounded ducks like he is almost certain to do while stepping up and thinking about getting slammed to the ground by a free rusher. Equally as senseless is asking O'Korn to throw anything short to be picked off by Raeqwon McMillan or throw long into coverage with the same result, this time by Safety Malik Hooker who leads the Big Ten with five interceptions. Oh, and GOOD QBs have a rating of just 38.2 when he is the primary defender in coverage. No.

Run the fucking ball. I will hate it if I see one of the play callers get impatient early and ask whoever is QB to put it up inisde M's own 50. Why? I will throw bricks at the TV if there's an early pic that gives osu an unnecessary short field, scoring opportunity.

I'll be fine if M wins this 9-7 ...... 16-10 or any iteration of that score differential would be better but I'll take 9-7 with M and osu fans bitching about how bad their offenses were and how Michigan was lucky to win.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 22, 2016, 05:05 PM.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

When OSU was in the midst of losing 10 of 13 to M, the notion of style points could go fuck themselves. Any win. Any way.

I reckon you're of the same mind. Hell, I'm still of the sane mind.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

One other interesting piece of news about the news ......

There's more talk about the "fascinating" circumstances in the Big Ten that will crown PSU as East Champ if, as expected, osu beats Michigan and, also as expected, PSU beats MSU.

Next on the list of laughable improbables is if Wisconsin makes it through the weekend, as most expect they will, beats the Gophers, is crowned as the West Champ and then beats PSU in Indy. A 2 loss Big Ten Champion from it's weakest division goes to the CFP ahead of two teams in the Big Ten, one of them with only one loss, heh, heh, osu, who beat them?

This is why the current BS that is called the Committee that selects the 4 slots for the CFP sucks..... although I'd laugh my ass off if osu got left out..... again!
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If OSU beats M, I think they're in as well as the winner of the B1GCCG.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I hate that, too, because OSU can beat Bama.

Go Crimison A Club Supports Michigan!
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Here's the thing ......

Brown has played 1 Hi (cover 1) safeties and man coverage extensively this season. It's worked pretty well. In this scheme, Peppers, as a S, is positioned play side and McCray on the weak side. McCray is vulnerable here to the jet sweep. We might see Brown try to fix this.

There are variations to this as when Peppers is closer to the LOS as this Hybrid kind of dude. If the offense motions a TE or slot to the side of the field Peppers isn't, he moves leaving a vulnerability that offenses have exploited (v IU, regardless of motion he stayed put it looked like to me).

I'm wondering if we don't see Brown play more zone v osu? I'd hate that. It is what he did v. MSU on their first drive. It was a disaster. He did do some tinkering and M continued to played more Zone than they had in all their previous games v MSU and it got better in the 2nd half, but not much. Maybe Brown thinks he's got this figured out.

He was hired to correct the horror that was M's D under Durkin in The Game last season. Durkin played a conservative Zone scheme with cover 2 principles. Elliot ran free. Awful. Don't do this please.

Comment

Elliot was good.

Comment

Agreed that if they can get Speight out there with a cortizone shot, or whatever the latest version of that is, then that's what they'll do. At least to start. If they can keep him clean even for a drive or two to throw some passes, then if he's on maybe he can do something before he takes a real hard hit.

Comment

If Speight can go its a no brainer, and I think that's what will happen. As stated though, worry about getting hit.

Comment

Elliot was special.

Comment

Speight practicing with team in preparation for Ohio State

"We're getting reps from both guys," Darboh said. "Making sure we're on key, making sure the timing's right and everything. I think both guys agree very poised and both guys are great competitors. I think regardless of who it is, I think they're going to give it their all on Saturday."

In Darboh's estimation, how did Speight, who's been nursing an undisclosed shoulder injury to his non-throwing arm look?

"He seemed fine."

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          I'd rather shoot Speight's shoulder up and have him give it a go before going to JOK. I'll bet that's what happens.
                          If it's his non-throwing shoulder, as 97.1 reported, then we'll, yes,

Comment

It is.

Comment

With Speight playing I see no reason to alter my prediction. M by 7. Bah.

Comment

Sandfaggery Extraordinarious AAlikus

embarrassing even for the Vermin loving Taintedban
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X