Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ osu, Game day and Post Game Discussion (Closed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Especially when you go into OT, having the running QB on that short field is a big advantage.

Comment

• Michigan's inability to score more points after being up 17-7 was the problem. No run game, and Speight was feeling the pressure. The defense was just on the field too much in the second half. They did a great job until Barrett gashed them with that long run up the middle late in the 4th.

I know you're not supposed to complain about the officiating, but Harbaugh was right. Grant Perry was hooked and turned. Get a flag there and maybe we don't have to settle for a field goal.

Saw an angle from the front on the Delano Hill stop of JT Barrett on BTN. He was clearly stopped short. The ball does reach the 15 yrd. line and then he fell back. When I saw it live and the guy runs in and spots it on top of the line, I knew it was game over. But ask yourself, would you have the balls to end the game that way and then have to run off the field into a sea of red? It would have been Zebra season in Columbus.

Hyperbole? Chase Winovich said the players had to "fight for our lives after the game." And that was after the home team won.
      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 27, 2016, 11:01 AM.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        It would have been Zebra season in Columbus.
        I hear they taste like chicken.

Comment

• Good stuff from Harbaugh at the presser:

?Two penalties all day. Multiple holding penalties let go. Multiple false starts. The official on my side who?s supposed to be watching that is concerned with whether our coaches are in the white or not in the white. Not on the field. Their coaches were on the field [and] practically in the huddle at times. Yeah, I?m bitter.?

?So concerned about?could have been watching the game instead of being concerned about throwing a?what, did you throw a hat? Throw your script toward your sideline? That?s a penalty? I asked him that and he said, ?Well, it is in basketball.? I go, ?Well, this isn?t basketball.? He told me he officiates basketball. I don?t know the relevance. He said it would have been a technical in basketball. Yeah, I?m bitter.?

Comment

• Here's a better angle. Go to the 3:42 mark and you'll see clearly that Michigan won the game:

BTN's TV Everywhere service (previously BTN2Go) has moved to Fox Sports. BTN's direct-to-consumer subscription service (BTN Plus) is still here with a new BTN+ look and website at btnplus.com. Watch Televised Games on Fox Sports Fox Sports is now BTN's TV Everywhere platform. In order to watch live streaming of televised games airing on BTN, […]

Comment

• we won that game. harbaugh is right to be in attack mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Here's a better angle. Go to the 3:42 mark and you'll see clearly that Michigan won the game:

http://video.btn.com/michigan-at-ohi...l-highlights-3
                I was thinking before the video that the call was probably right, or at least too close to reverse. After watching the above video and using pause-play frame review at 3:44 and 3:45, again I see that just looking at the ball and the 15 yard line, it's hard to tell.

However, in the 3:45 segment, frame by frame using pause-play, JTB's left hand touches behind the 15, and you can see that the ball position in the right arm is behind the plane of the left hand, meaning the ball itself was clearly short of the 15. Beyond that time, the ball does not come further forward. So, Harbaugh is right.

All of which, of course, means absolutely nothing at this point. I also wish I had something better to do this morning than to wallow over this crap.

Comment

• Because we don't care about making the right call on replays the rule is to only overturn a call on the field unless the replay shows that the play called on the field is certainly incorrect. There was no chance to overturn it, so whatever was called on the field was certainly going to stand.

Comment

• I wonder if that will play in the CFP committee discussions or not.

Comment

• They'll treat it as a quality road loss, we'll likely be the top 2-loss team that's not a conference champion which still leaves us well outside the CFP.

The chaos we needed to happen this weekend didn't for a 2-loss non conference champion to have a chance. M needed to beat f'n Iowa and they'd be in over any of Colorado, Penn State & Wisconsin; who M all beat pretty handily.

Committee could put us above Penn State or Wisconsin but the conference champion label means too much when deciding between teams with the same amount of losses.

Comment

• Atlanta, GA

Comment

• This is a fake picture. It is only on the Bucknut sites. If it was real, it would be all over the net. It is not.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                            How's that photoshop working out for you?

Comment

• Where's the real version?

Comment

• There isn't one.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X