Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Important reminder -- we gave back those hours at a 2:1 ratio. We are the only program in the past decade outside of maybe USC for whom the penalty for cheating was adequate. And in our case, it should be called "cheating", since I'd bet my balls that we aren't the only program in the country with improper counting of stretching and other inanities. Not to mention, the investigation that found our violations was started under completely false pretenses by a lying piece of shit journalist in a blatant, intellectually dishonest hit piece. I can't believe that we didn't completely ban the Free Press from all future events, but we should have. But of course we are the nice guys with no balls and no instinct for self preservation.

You are NOT the only program who was "properly" punished for cheating.

Alabama lost 20 scholarships, forfeitures, and suffered a bowl ban because a player signed a cocktail napkin after the 1993 Sugar Bowl and took $300 from an agent and then lied through his teeth about it to everyone.

1n 1998 we had a disassociated booster -who was a Vandy grad- who paid a HS coach and the kid's mom to funnel a DT to Bama. As a result, we lost 20 scholarships and had bowl bans.

In 2007, the NCAA didn't like the book RENTAL that our scholarshipped athletes enjoyed so we vacated 18 wins.

Now, there are some teams that have gotten the kid glove treatment *cough* Ohio State *cough* but it's more than just you and the Trojans.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• On topic, a M win in the Orange will give them an 11-win season, their 6th since 1905. Great work!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        On topic, a M win in the Orange will give them an 11-win season, their 6th since 1905. Great work!

That can't be right. We have had more than that under Saban alone.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• M didn't get to be the winningest program of all-time by accident.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Twelve game seasons are quite new to CFB but you guys knew that.

Comment

• True. John Cooper only had 3.

Comment

• You're right. Just checked. Bama has only had 19 seasons with 11 or more wins. Thought it would be more.

Comment

• I think OSU only has 11...since 2002. I reckon there's another 6 or 7 before that.

Comment

• Looks like Ohio State has 15 total.

Comment

• That doesn't count 2010.

Comment

• James Joseph Harbaugh is 20-5 @ Michigan and 3 of the loses were on the last play of the game (with one official jobber). Talent never complains about officiating, I would do the same if my team had the Terry Porter incident.

Comment

• 20-5 is a nice record. Solid .800.

Comment

• Of course, Saban is 25-0 over the last 25, but we've been on a streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                                Talent never complains about officiating, I would do the same if my team had the Terry Porter incident.
                                He does, however, set the topics- and they always come back to ohio.

Comment

Working...
                                X