Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than having a rooting interest in Peters I see no sane reason to believe Patterson would lose any competition to him next summer. Way more high level experience without training wheels and frankly way more raw ability.

I don’t see scheme to be a major issue either. The kid has an arm. It’s not like taking snaps under Center is going to totally throw him off.
    Last edited by Kstat; December 12, 2017, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Let's wait to see how Peters performs in the bowl game. He'll have had weeks to prepare, and now he has even more motivation to play well.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• And Harbaugh has no reason to keep the training wheels on.

Comment

• You did watch the video I linked above of Patterson v. Auburn, right?

You have considered his TD to INT record (17/9), right and his completion rate (64%) of mostly easy completions (screens and dink and dunk stuff) because Ole Miss's OL was so bad.

I just don't think the facts and eyeball test give Patterson this tremendous leg up that others are affording him.

I could be wrong about all this. I have been wrong in the past ....... once.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The eyeball test also tells me he’s got a cannon for an arm and a very quick release from different angles.

His throws pop out on film. I haven’t seen much of anything from Peters that would indicate he has that kind of arm talent.

Comment

• If M loses to SC in the Outback and any of it can be attributed to weak QB play, fumbles and INTs, I'll back off Peters a bit. Until then, no.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’ll give Peters more of a chance if he actually does anything positive other than not turn the ball over. The bar is higher now.

Comment

• I don't see a cannon of an arm. Patterson has quick feet and a quick release. He's in the Tate Forcier, Johnny Manziel, Trace McSorley mold. He has a gunslinger mentality and forces the ball at times. I wouldn't count Peters out yet. Patterson has the experience, but Peters will throw fewer interceptions.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    The eyeball test also tells me he?s got a cannon for an arm and a very quick release from different angles.

His throws pop out on film. I haven?t seen much of anything from Peters that would indicate he has that kind of arm talent.
                    [ame]https://youtu.be/EbMGF0xoWRA[/ame]

I can find more.

Look, I don't think there is any question that Peters was intentionally limited when he came in v. Rutgers and until he was knocked out in the Wisconsin game. But he's got a good arm; I don't think it is as live as Patterson's from what I've seen but, from the limited action we have available to make such conclusions, I'd call Patterson more likely to throw an INT into a tight space than Peters.

A WCO passing scheme has nothing to do with being under center. It has to do with what the QB is asked to do in it. Patterns are more complex and it's up to the QB to decide who will be open, sometimes as many as 4 choices, and then make the throw. In a pistol scheme, the QB may have to read only one or two options. It's vastly simpler, its what JH did for Colin K in SAF and John O'Korn at M.

Peters, OTH, instead of having 4 options in his WCO reads might have only had two but it's still a different way of looking at the field from how your pistol QB might..

Comment

• When does Patterson formally join the team? He can't play in the bowl, right? Can he practice throughout December? Presumably he has to finish out the semester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        So, your saying Harbaugh guaranteed Patterson the starting QB job either directly or with a wink and a nod?
                        Yep
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• M had zero depth at QB once Speight left, I saw a massive need to add a transfer QB even if it weren't an extremely talented one like Shea.

Comment

• Shea will be able to practice after he goes to class.

Comment

• So, January?

Comment

• Speight was pushed out to make way for Patterson to be the starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X