Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
    U-M schedule in 2020 includes:

at Washington (might get rescheduled)
    vs. Va. Tech
    vs. Wisc
    vs. PSU
    at MSU
    at Ohio State
    I wish that we could flip back to the alternating spartie buckie home games.

Comment

• It doesn't matter where the Moo game is played anymore [emoji57]
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The University of Michigan, The Montag Group, Big Ten Network and Amazon have partnered on a behind-the-scenes documentary series about the 2017 Michigan football season that will be released on Amazon Prime in January 2018.

I wonder why Michigan and not osu, the dominant BT team of the last decade, is being featured by Amazon Prime. Is it because on the national scene, Michigan has more appeal nationally than the bucks? Is it because HARBAUGH!!! besides being a pretty damn good football coach, understands the importance of fronting M football better than ufm can even comprehend the long term importance of that?

I get the rub of comments from osu fans that "living in the shadow ......." have. The ineptitude of M football in the last decade is undeniable. Harbaugh has yet to assert himself in this, the greatest CFB rivalry of all time. But times are changing. osu is always going to be good but I think JH wants to show that M is going to be better.

War!
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• When we search for moral victories like that, it shows how badly we need to beat them on the football field which we've rarely done in the past ~16 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            When we search for moral victories like that, it shows how badly we need to beat them on the football field which we've rarely done in the past ~16 years.
            I don't see it that way ..... the Amazon deal is not a"moral victory." It's an understanding by the deciders at Michigan of how to market the University and the football program effectively.

I don't know if this is coming from Harbaugh, Manuel or others. What I do know is that this sort of thing comes close to reflecting the of understanding how to advance the Michigan football program that compares to the kinds of things Don Canham understood. Just in a different age.

It's a big deal, IMO.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't recall my beloved Stillers and Mike Tomlin being featured on HBO's hard knocks thing, but the likes if the Bengals, Jets and Chiefs were.

Anyway, congratulations. Very big deal. I'm sure it will be great. Juse like the Goofers will reap huge benefits from "Being PJ Fleck" show on ESPN. Another team casting its shadow!
              Last edited by iam416; September 12, 2017, 08:12 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I assumed it had been done before at the college football level, I'd guess the offer is open for Bama, ND, OSU, Texas and maybe a few others.

Comment

• Get your name out there ..... the kids love it.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 12, 2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Doesn't hurt. ESPN used to do it for summer camp. They did Saban and Urban, maybe another. It was cool to watch. Not sure it really matters for recruiting, but it doesn't hurt.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                      U-M schedule in 2020 includes:

at Washington (might get rescheduled)
                      vs. Va. Tech
                      vs. Wisc
                      vs. PSU
                      at MSU
                      at Ohio State
                      vs redshirt junior Dylan McCaffrey or redshirt sophomore Joe Milton.
                      Bring it on.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I think getting quarterbacks and developing quarterbacks is part art and a hell of a lot of randomness.
                        Agreed!

In contrast to others wondering why UM would run on 2 and 5, I'm in favor of MORE PASSING. The better QBs develop a rhythm. Tom Brady threw a pick-6 in the super bowl last year, but when he got into rhythm the Falcons were obliterated. Baker Mayfield kept chucking the ball downfield and eventually the Buckeyes were toast. We'll never beat OSU by running the ball, IMO.

Of course, that was Bo's problem. He was so good at beating crappy teams by running the ball, but always lost the big game because the passing game was limited. If Michigan is afraid to throw the ball on 2nd and 5 against Cincinnati there's no way we'll have a prayer against OSU. 90% of the top games in college and NFL are determined by passing, according to my made-up statistical information.

And Wojo is fine. The guy is hilarious and not in the least bit mean-spirited or rude to the college players and staffs.

Comment

• My no-nothing take on Speight is that he's going through slump. Happens to hitters in baseball all the time, even the best. Probably happens to most QBs too, although good football teams can win even when the QB is having an off day. Hopefully, Speight will get hot and eventually settle in to more consistent accuracy. JT Barrett is probably a better bet to turn it around this season, however,

Passing game is the biggest disappointment so far this year. Grant Perry has been great, and Black, Crawford, DPJ, and the tight ends have been fine. If Speight can't start hitting them more consistently, then pressure Harbaugh to try someone else.

Last year we lost to Iowa, and blew a spot in the playoff, because we didn't have a 2nd string QB ready to step in when Speight got injured. No excuse for not giving 2nd string O'Korn more opportunity at this time in the season. Harbaugh is screwing up by putting all his eggs in the Speight basket. I want to see other QBs play more, to get them ready in case of injury if for no other reason.

Comment

• You're barking up the wrong tree with O'Korn. They are better off using one of the other guys.

Comment

• Froot,

It so reminds me of the Harrington McMahon debates.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Exactly right, I probably couldn't come up with a better example.

Comment

Working...
                                X