Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happens to every starting quarterback on every level of football but we have time to waste to talk about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      You got all of that from a gif?
      No, the guy that does these surmised from this particular .gif and it was printed under the picture. I just copied wht he thought was being said from reading lips, I guess.

There's a part there that I didn't think fit what he was alleging was said but, JH is definitely talking to JOK about who calls the plays and I'm pretty sure he was telling JOK that I (JH) call the plays.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Speight who is the kind of guy that is going to do exactly what JH tells him to do. That says something.

You lost me here. And, I think the freedom to audible is rarely there at the start for a QB, but comes in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Speight who is the kind of guy that is going to do exactly what JH tells him to do. That says something.

You lost me here. And, I think the freedom to audible is rarely there at the start for a QB, but comes in time.
          Speight has always seemed like a roboton to me and I don't mean that as some kind of harsh criticism. I think JH clearly likes that. He's not going to freelance. He's going to know his marching orders and follow them.

I have no clue about JOK but I'd bet good money his capacity to freelance is something that may very well have kept him on the sidelines.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cannot agree. Speight is a freelancer.

Comment

• Speight was actually pretty good at eluding pressure to make plays. Not by running so much as with pocket presence. O'Korn seems more likely to move around
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I still don't get why Evans isn't a multi-tool, instead of a slightly small feature back platooning with two others. He's shifty with the ball in hand. Maybe he truly just can't catch.
                Evans was split out quite a bit against Purdue, and was a targeted receiver there a time or two I believe.

Comment

• He also had well over 100 catches in high school and was split out wide a lot there. He can, just hasn't yet.

Comment

• According to commenters at mgoblog, the Harbaugh "scolding" of O'Korn was related to O'Korn engaging Purdue sideline (his former coach) after M TD. That makes sense as I heard O'Korn say something about that after the game. Not sure how "I call the plays" fits in...

Comment

• Shit, man ..... I don't know. It's one of those things that a guy looks at a .gif and tries to read lips.

The reason I brought it up is because it seemed to me that O'Korn was frigging light years better than Speight and I did know about him allegedly saying something to his old Houston coach that benched him.

Seems like a pretty sporty guy with a little sass and improv in him. JMO.

Comment

• According to commenters at mgoblog, the Harbaugh "scolding" of O'Korn was related to O'Korn engaging Purdue sideline (his former coach) after M TD. That makes sense as I heard O'Korn say something about that after the game. Not sure how "I call the plays" fits in...

I posted this in the Purdue game thread

September 25th, 2017, 04:18 PM #268
                        WingsFan
                        JOK could easily had one or more taunting penalties showing up his old coach on the Purdue sideline with the DX - Suck It! sign. Harbaugh really let him have it after the Ty Isaac TD.

Comment

• Team stat rankings through four games:

Rushing Offense: 55th (184 ypg)
                          Passing Offense: 73rd (223 ypg)

Rushing Defense: 4th (69 ypg)
                          Passing Defense: 8th (134 ypg)

The defense will likely be good enough to beat Rutgers, Maryland, Minnehaha, and Indiana even without the offense showing up. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, and other assorted bullshit naturally make losses possible for those games, but I am otherwise having a hard time mustering any worry for them. I wouldn't have said that about Maryland last week, but they have lost QBs #1 and 2 and they are going to be in big trouble. With a mediocre performance by the offense we can likely beat MSU. I actually feel slightly better about that game than I did going into last year's game. We'll need a big step up by the offense to get to 10 wins. The defense probably has some exploitable weaknesses that Penn State, OSU, or maybe Wisky will find.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; September 28, 2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            .......The defense will likely be good enough to beat Rutgers, Maryland, Minnehaha, and Indiana even without the offense showing up. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, and other assorted bullshit naturally make losses possible for those games, but I am otherwise having a hard time mustering any worry for them. I wouldn't have said that about Maryland last week, but they have lost QBs #1 and 2 and they are going to be in big trouble. With a mediocre performance by the offense we can likely beat MSU. I actually feel slightly better about that game than I did going into last year's game. We'll need a big step up by the offense to get to 10 wins. The defense probably has some exploitable weaknesses that Penn State, OSU, or maybe Wisky will find.
                            Going into the season knowing the OL was a question mark and Speight really wasn't going to be great with his limitations based on past performance well understood, the talking heads and clear headed observers here felt 8.5 wins was the most likely outcome for the regular season. I'd say the general feeling at mgoblog was a bit more optimistic and it seems undeservedly so.

I think 4 losses is becoming more and more likely as the data to back that up mounts. Even at 9-3 or 10-2, with the probability of that happening dropping, this team isn't a B10 Championship contender let alone a CFB play-off contender.

Reality sucks.

Comment

• I started the season at 8-4, but I think that we can Tresselball our way to 9-3. We're the 2003 Ohio State team at this point. Special teams, on the whole, look very good (as long as Brad Robbins can consistently punt 40 yards). Hopefully the defense isn't a paper tiger that is overrated because of the competition.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; September 28, 2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Good piece on the kick-ass defense Michigan has played (again) this season.

Through four games in 2017, Michigan is littered across the top of the primary defensive categories.
                                The Wolverines are tied for 12th in scoring defense (13.5 PPG), but if Wilton Speight’s two pick-sixes are removed, they would be tied for fourth (10.0 PPG).

They lead the nation in yards allowed per play (3.52). And they are tied for second in Defensive S&P+ rating (12.8), behind the one and only (yep) Alabama.

Michigan Defense (Week 4)

Scoring D: t-12th
                                Total D: 1st
                                YPP: 1st
                                Run D: 4th
                                YPC: 2nd
                                Pass D: 8th
                                YPA: t-8th
                                QB Rtg: 5th
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...