Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Agreed. It's a nothing-burger that's ended (again).
    The thing that irks me is that because he did so much, it brought more limits to what coaches could do that they were doing prior to Harbaugh!'s arrival. You had this weird dynamic where the Big Ten coaches had to support what he was doing but not because they liked what he was doing.

Comment

• Yeah, nothing you can do. Harbaugh gonna Harbaugh.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct we're living in his world.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Too much stretching. lmao. Great stuff.
          You do realize that is precisely what it was, don't you? We literally did not count 15 minutes a day of stretching towards the 20 hour a week limit. This is a fact that is not in dispute. That was our violation -- one that would have never been discovered were it not for an intellectually dishonest piece of journalism that accused us of doubling our practice times and completely ignoring the rules.

Oh, and we also had a grad assistant observing some voluntary workouts. I forgot about that. So we nixed an assistant position from the staff for two years too. Like I said -- two to one ratio.
          Last edited by Hannibal; October 25, 2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Lloyd Carr hitjob. The university is a sick place in a lot of ways. So damn worried about outsiders ruining their rep that they ruined it themselves. Same hubris is a major contributor to ten years of futility, just in different ways.

Comment

• It was definitely someone's hit job.

Comment

• Via Greg Mathews, according to John Bacon.

Comment

• I read "Three and Out" but I don't remember that specific accusation. Can you provide details? I always just thought it was Rosenberg being a dickhead to try and make a name for himself and finding some willing participants in the kids who didn't like RichRod.

Comment

• I think it was Mathews who was encouraged by somebody close to Lloyd to go to Rosenberg. I don't have my copy of the book anymore.

Bacon talked so wonderfully about Lloyd -- embracing what he brought and also being honest about what he did later to RichRod. Really captured the good/bad of the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      You do realize that is precisely what it was, don't you? We literally did not count 15 minutes a day of stretching towards the 20 hour a week limit. This is a fact that is not in dispute. That was our violation -- one that would have never been discovered were it not for an intellectually dishonest piece of journalism that accused us of doubling our practice times and completely ignoring the rules.

Oh, and we also had a grad assistant observing some voluntary workouts I forgot about that. So we nixed an assistant position from the staff for two years too. Like I said -- two to one ratio.

It was 65 extra hours total. Mostly coaches/staff conducting "voluntary" practices. Then you had your analysts and quality guys on the sidelines during the games and coaching technique at practice which exceeded coaching limits, and some assistant (a GA iirc) tried to cover up. They hit RRod with a failure to monitor because he acted like he new nothing sbout it.

M just got 3 years probation and some time reductions. Wrist slap stuff.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        We've got one clean title in our lifetimes. Which is more than fans of any other team on this board.
                        BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ....either hack is an imbecile...or he's like 180 years old...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• tl;dr

Comment

• fo;fu
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shame on us for those practice hours violations, which were a tiny fraction of what they would have been if we had really been doubling our practice hours like what Michael Rosenberg accused us of. The original Rosenberg piece didn't even mention the concept of a "Countable" hour versus a voluntary one (which includes "voluntary" activities that literally do happen everywhere). Turns out, we were actually "doubling" the allowable activity times if you included our voluntary activities that were both legal and customary. At any rate, we gave back our cheating competitive advantage at a 2 to 1 ratio.

We should have just bought ourselves a Lache Seastrunk, a Laquon Treadwell, or a Cam Newton instead.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; October 25, 2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X