Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey another player deserving of comment is Kareem Walker. He's made the most of every carry so far. He finishes runs nicely. Looks to initiate contact. I was wondering if he had been left behind, but is making me feel like the RB position won't be a problem going forward. Without that I'd be worried about picking up Cain or whomever.

Comment

• If HARBAUGH!!!! has a team that doesn't try as hard for one QB as it does for another then he has real problems.

At most, AT MOST, you get a small adrenaline type boost in-game that is unsustainable over the long-term. Much sooner than later the players revert to the mean.

M may be better with Peters in or, more accurately, J.O.K not in because the QB play has improved. If they are better because the team is now giving better effort then your team is shit as is your staff.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't notice a difference in anyone but Peters. The O-line was knocking the shit out of guys. Peters simply taking what the defense was giving us plus extending a few drives with some great 3rd down conversions was the difference.

Comment

• Agree with Hannibal. Peters was hitting on the passes the O'Korn missed, and kept the offense moving. So it appeared like the offense was trying harder.

Comment

• Correct. Peters played better than J.O.K. so the offense did better. Occam's razor.

I really do think it's almost slanderous to suggest varying effort levels based on QB. If a team is in that situation then your problems are way bigger than QB.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well we're into intangibles here so Jeff will be around in a few minutes to fancystats this discussion into past tense, but I think it's common across all team sports that effort levels are going to sink when the players don't perceive a chance at winning. How much of a factor is this, really and truly? Hard to know. Never going to be able to measure it. Maybe it's really and truly something that people just have said so often that it becomes something believable yet inaccurate. Dunno. IMO that kind of thing is a lot easier to see in basketball, and somewhat more measurable too.

Comment

• "I really do think it's almost slanderous to suggest varying effort levels based on QB. If a team is in that situation then your problems are way bigger than QB."

it isn't "almost slanderous" it"s slanderous and these comments come from morons who have never played the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                  "I really do think it's almost slanderous to suggest varying effort levels based on QB. If a team is in that situation then your problems are way bigger than QB."

it isn't "almost slanderous" it"s slanderous and these comments come from morons who have never played the game!
                  You talkin to me???

I think we need effort meters in helmets to make sure there's some objective data to substantiate this "slanderous" shit that's a fairly common sentiment from reasonable observers.

Geeze people ...... we're talking feelings ball here and we all damn well know how I feel about that. I really regret I made this silly statement that echoes the sentiments of probably 90% of the M homers that watched the game live or on TV. Really regret it and those fucks are all wrong.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Matt Millen is a SLANDERER!

Comment

• Matt Millen is a SALAMANDER!
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, it's Matt Millen ...... he is so wrong about so many things that he's probably wrong on this too.

These are 18-20y old kids. I think back to my kids playing soccer though age 17. They got despondent when it looked like there teams weren't going to go to regionals.

When they haven't won a game through mid season and are 0-7? Drop off in interest, commitment and effort? You could say that. I've seen the reverse as well. 7-0 by mid season and a chance to win their division? Marked increase in enthusiasm about the games.

But, shit, if that actually happened with 18yo playing college football - got enthusiastic when Peters came in - following a demoralizing beat down by PedoState, in concert with a piss-poor 1st quarter performance by O'KOrn v. Rutgers, that would really surprise me.

It probably didn't and even if it did, that shows the big problems M has and what a shitty coaching staff is leading these boys .....LoL.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fomenting unrest.

Comment

• So if Ohio State beats MSU... and Nebraska beats Penn St...
                            All M needs to do is win out and they win the B10 East.

and people were freaking out two weeks ago. Just gotta relax.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Nebraska beating Penn State seems unlikely.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Nebraska beating Penn State seems unlikely.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X