Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wasn't shy about it - Issac, Speight or someone else? I haven't heard or seen anything about Issac, so just trying to understand what you mean.

I got that from Adam Biggers who was a Michigan beat writer this year for MittenSportsMI (but is no longer) and also the Bleacher Report. We talked a lot, and he had some informative podcasts. He will be missed.

Issac has some salty interviews with him, not sure what his (Issac) problem was, but he didn't really hide that fact he wasn't happy answering basic questions. Reminded me of Cam Newton after the Superbowl (without the walkout)

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      I got that from Adam Biggers who was a Michigan beat writer this year for MittenSportsMI (but is no longer) and also the Bleacher Report. We talked a lot, and he had some informative podcasts. He will be missed.

Issac has some salty interviews with him, not sure what his (Issac) problem was, but he didn't really hide that fact he wasn't happy answering basic questions. Reminded me of Cam Newton after the Superbowl (without the walkout)
      That's interesting. I'm not familiar with Biggers but my son, Sean, who lives in Saline has mentioned his comments before ..... not about Isaac though.

He's been a mystery to me since he came to M. Lot's of talent but I think it was pretty clear he had issues with how he was handled at USC that may not have been warranted.

Can't change the spots on a leopard. Would not doubt he didn't like JH's meritocracy approach and getting passed up by Evans and Higdon probably chapped his ass. I know injury played a part but look at guys like Higdon and Bryce Love who went in and played despite what was probably a lot of pain from their injuries ..... and I think both high ankle types.

Evans is also a guy who embraced the theme, those that stay will be champions. Everyone here can probably recite Bo's quote about the team but here it is again ...... I love it:

"We want the Big Ten championship and we're gonna win it as a Team. They can throw out all those great backs, and great quarterbacks, and great defensive players, throughout the country and in this conference, but there's gonna be one Team that's gonna play solely as a Team. No man is more important than The Team. No coach is more important than The Team. The Team, The Team, The Team, and if we think that way, all of us, everything that you do, you take into consideration what effect does it have on my Team? Because you can go into professional football, you can go anywhere you want to play after you leave here. You will never play for a Team again. You'll play for a contract. You'll play for this. You'll play for that. You'll play for everything except the team, and think what a great thing it is to be a part of something that is, The Team. We're gonna win it. We're gonna win the championship again because we're gonna play as team, better than anybody else in this conference, we're gonna play together as a team. We're gonna believe in each other, we're not gonna criticize each other, we're not gonna talk about each other, we're gonna encourage each other. And when we play as a team, when the old season is over, you and I know, it's gonna be Michigan again, Michigan."

So does Jim Harbaugh. It is in his blood. I have no doubt in my mind that players that don't embrace the meaning of this famous Bo quote in mind and spirit are going to be passed up by guys that, in JH's mind, do.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Have they done this lately?
        They do it in what they consider 'egregious cases'. They did it to Penn State after the Sandusky situation, for example. How often it's done now, I couldn't say. I know it was done to Bama re: Albert Means illicit recruitment in 1998 by notorious booster Logan Young.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I can definitely see the NCAA granting Patterson immediate playing time.

That would make sense given the circumstances with Ole Miss but when was the last time the NCAA did anything that makes sense?
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think that Ole Miss will be a transfer situation, and if it is, I don't think that the decision will be made in time. In all likelihood, Patterson will have to sit out a year.

Unless he can exploit the old "transferring closer to home" loophole that a few guys have squeezed through. If he is originally from Toledo, I think that works.

Comment

• Even if they don't, and I have no idea what they will do with Ole Miss (I have heard "nuked from Orbit") but we will see.

He could still appeal to the SEC office. They are notorious for overriding a school's decision - or at least pressuring the school to allow the xfer - even within conference. It happened when Kirby Smart poached one of our corners for Georgia.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm not thinking of Ole Miss disallowing the transfer as much as the "sit out a year" rule. If he can't play in 2018 then I kinda don't care if he comes.

There are a few guys -- can't remember who off the top of my head -- who have claimed some sort of "hardship" to transfer closer to home. Like a lot of the NCAA's rules, the number of legit cases is probably overwhelmed by the number of bullshit cases. Ty Isaac tried this but since he is from Chicago, the NCAA didn't buy it. But some other guys have done it. So of ole' Shea can find a sick grandmother to care for, he can play immediately. Or so the story goes.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• DeAnthony Arnett was granted it going from Tennessee to MSU because of his father's health issues. He didn't do much though in his sophmore year. I think he actually got redshirted the year after.

Comment

• Shea Patterson liked a tweet from Tarik Black a few days ago. OBVIOUSLY, Patterson is coming to Ann Arbor. Obviously.

In all seriousness, picking up Shea would be a nice addition.
                    As noted previously, the question is how much of a fit is Patterson for the pro style offense. We know Pep/Drevno love those play action passes on 3rd and long... or perhaps, a shake up to the offensive coaching staff + new coaches with more spread familiarity is necessary.
                    McCaffrey = my dude still. Should be fun as the QB potential will be higher next season.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I would love to go dual-threat. I'm interested in seeing the Harbaugh Manball Machine at full strength, but IMO ultimately the spread is just so damn effective and robust. Is he really all that as a dual-threat guy?

Comment

• All of Peters, McCaffrey, and Milton imo are athletic QB's who can run rather than true dual-threat QB, however you define them.

Comment

• Right. I mean somebody who's more of a threat to run, and not just a threat to extend plays with his legs in order to use his arm.

Comment

• I'd rather have the latter.

Comment

• McCaffrey is 170lbs soaking wet

Comment

• JaRaymond Hall's going to transfer. Another spot open.

Comment

Working...
                                X