Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL 2017-2018

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really important win for seeding, could've used that Purdue game too. Livers isn't a great defender yet way better than Robinson. Like most JB teams that aren't hit by injuries, much better in February than December/January.

B1G is weak enough for us to do very well the rest the way. FT shooting could be Achilles heel in close games.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Really important win for seeding, could've used that Purdue game too. Livers isn't a great defender yet way better than Robinson. Like most JB teams that aren't hit by injuries, much better in February than December/January.

B1G is weak enough for us to do very well the rest the way. FT shooting could be Achilles heel in close games.
      Still have to travel to West Lafayette

Comment

• Let's go get Purdue. We can win there. They aren't better than us.

Comment

• Need to be ranked after this. Strong chance to stay ranked rest of the year.

Comment

• This is as fun a win in any sport for me in awhile.

Comment

• Yup. Which is a bit sad, but that's where we're at right?

Comment

• This team should beat Purdue. OSU collapse may mean loss of hardware, even. Neither of those other two teams are all that impressive.

Comment

• Kenpom has us #15, Purdue #2 surprising to me as I wasn't too impressed with them. Ohio State 19th and the next B1G teams are: #41 Maryland, #48 PSU.

Comment

• Purdue did just win on the road @ #15 Kenpom M. A road win against a M team that is playing well. To add, was winning by 4 to 13 points for more than half of the game.
                    Destroyed Zona, Butler... 34 point win @ Minn today.

I’m biased though.
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; January 13th, 2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: Spell check
                    Go Detroit Lions!

Comment

• Purdue's good, but why would Michigan be intimidated?

Comment

• The team is gelling. I'm hoping sometime between now and next November, Teske makes the leap from serviceable rotation-player to a guy who can get the occasional double-double, with a couple of blocks.

I'd say Beilein outcoached Izzo today. Nick Ward was completely erased, and by Beilein sending a double-team at him every time he got the ball down low, he actually caused Ward to be a liability.

Sidenote, about the other team: JJJr. is a beast! I hope he's a 1-and-done for spartie.

Comment

• Agreed. Simpson is getting better game by game and Livers is ahead of schedule. Got our resume win; now go get the statement win @ Purdue. They're not scary.

Comment

• I don't know how you can watch Purdue and not be impressed by them.

Comment

• They're really good. One game sample for each in terms of other games I've seen, but they look better than MSU, which I'm sure will pull out of its funk at some point though.

When I say they aren't scary, I mean Michigan can beat them next week. Purdue shot 12-21 from 3 last week, and Wagner had 4 points I think? Michigan still played them very tough. I know it's a lot to ask of a young team to beat the two best teams in teh conference in their own gyms, but they have a real shot at that game.

It's a matchup of adjustments in particular with these two frontcourts. Really looking forward to watching it.

Comment

• Yes, Michigan looks as good as any team in B1G. Purdue - M was decided by refs in Purdue's favor. Michigan has a younger team that is improving faster. Ohio State -- I don't know. We certainly played them relatively even on the road. Feb 18 in Ann Arbor will be a big game (against OSU). OSU doesn't have to play at MSU this year, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X