Michigan 33, Florida 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tslisher View Post
    I'll have to watch it again, but I don't think it was that high. Crawford got both hands on it and should have made the catch.
    Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    If you get two hands on the football, you deserve a lot of blame if it results in an INT.
    I agree. It was not a good throw by any means, but I thought it should have been a catch. It was good enough.

The second INT, however was just a terrible throw, as was the pass he threw out of bounds that should have been an easy TD.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Not much (at least here) has been said about Brown essentially going to a 3-3-5/ 3-4-4 defense versus the Gators....
      I was going to remark about how hilarious I thought it was that Don Brown coached the 3-3-5 more competently than any of Rodriguez's DCs.

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      If you get two hands on the football, you deserve a lot of blame if it results in an INT.
      Not if the ball hits you on the fingertips and your thumbs don't touch it (which is what happened here). The only legitimate criticism of the receiver in that case is that he isn't tall enough or he doesn't have long enough arms.
      Last edited by Hannibal; September 3, 2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Wasn't that way when he had Luck and Kaepernick. He inherited Wilton and hasn't been able to recruit anyone to take his place. The offense may look "milquetoast" because Hoke didn't leave much at QB, O-line & RB, and Harbaugh has not been able to recruit those latter two positions as well as hoped either. It seems that everyone else good running backs but Michigan. That's one huge recruiting advantage Urban Meyer has had over Harbaugh.
        He made a short term risk on Kaepernick that paid off but cost him in the long term. Alex Smith was the better QB.

My point still stands in regards to Harbaugh. This is what you are going to get. Luck did turn out to be great, but he was a fairly standard drop back QB that grew into a top NFL prospect. Speight is the best they have right now.

Comment

• You need talent to run any scheme and RR never recruited much defensive talent...

RR's best defense was his Scoff Shafer led unit in his first season, RR fired him because he trusted his assistant buddies more than his coordinator. RR even turned the defense over to his assistants mid-season to run a 3-3-5 scheme that resulted in the Purdue disaster. I thought SS could've fielded a good defense if RR would've had any confidence in him.

Comment

• Peters is supposedly a better QB but he isn't "vocal enough" (which means he doesn't clap enough or something? I don't know but it must be really important for a guy that we have seen since the Iowa game last year to be our best QB).
            Last edited by Hannibal; September 3, 2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              This is what you are going to get.
              This is true for 2017 and 2018, but it should be the nadir. The long term outlook is better.

Comment

• Yeah probably, I was meaning in a general offensive direction. You aren't going to see some dynamic QB out there who is the focal point of everything. When you have a better offense it is because you have a better version of what Speight is trying to accomplish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  The Hoke QB excuse is fading. Our '15 and '16 QBs were highly touted guys and neither one of them is a factor (or else they would be playing).
                  I don't see how that exonerates Hoke. He left Shane Morris and Wilton Speight. I'm disappointed that Peters hasn't shown more improvement. I don't expect McCaffrey to be ready for awhile. There are no Andrew Luck types on the roster.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Lack of depth at CB is a concern. Why the hell did Washington leave? Were they moving him to Safety or just asking him to be able to pay both positions? Need more than Hill, Long, Watson rotation.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't understand this talk of Speight as a game manager. Not every non-elite prospect should be called that. He's a gunslinger, and his coach encourages him to be one. (Game managers don't pass out of their end zone whilst nursing a lead in Columbus.) It would just be nice if this gunslinger had adequate aim.

I agree with Rocky that it's in his head. He has wonderful streaks and then just falls apart. I agree also with talent that we're gonna need him to make plays. And he can. I think the less you ask him to, the better the execution will get. Ask him to throw 40 balls a game and he'll make crippling mistakes in every game. Ask him to throw 25 times and it's a whole other story. Maybe you can ride those streaks and reduce the opportunities for the mistakes that build on themsleves.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        I don't understand this talk of Speight as a game manager. Not every non-elite prospect should be called that. He's a gunslinger, and his coach encourages him to be one. (Game managers don't pass out of their end zone whilst nursing a lead in Columbus.) It would just be nice if this gunslinger had adequate aim......
                        Spot on.

I had a great discussion with my friend Doug Dillon this afternoon. Doug may be one of the best observers of M football I know. He thinks the criticisms of Speight are "overblown." He notes it's coming from a bunch of "Millennials who think they know a lot about football and really don't know shit." Game manager? Does anyone know exactly what this means?

Speight's not a lot of things that we fans think he should be but he is what Harbaugh has right now and they are more on the same page than a lot of people including me give him credit for. He is also WAY better than O'Korn or Peters. He sees the field better than either of them, knows the offense and how it works and is a vocal leader. He sets an example for others to follow in terms of hard work and understanding your craft.

I, for one, am going to stop whining about him and my rather uninformed view that he is limiting the potential of this team.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Spot on.

I had a great discussion with my friend Doug Dillon this afternoon. Doug may be one of the best observers of M football I know. He thinks the criticisms of Speight are "overblown." He notes it's coming from a bunch of "Millennials who think they know a lot about football and really don't know shit." Game manager? Does anyone know exactly what this means?

Speight's not a lot of things that we fans think he should be but he is what Harbaugh has right now and they are more on the same page than a lot of people including me give him credit for. He is also WAY better than O'Korn or Peters. He sees the field better than either of them, knows the offense and how it works and is a vocal leader. He sets an example for others to follow in terms of hard work and understanding your craft.

I, for one, am going to stop whining about him and my rather uninformed view that he is limiting the potential of this team.
                          This is a solid take. If you listen to every team's fans, every QB sucks and could easily be replaced. The best player on the team is the backup QB.

Second year starting, first game of the season. Relax
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, man -- he makes throws not a lot of QBs can make.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hey Niff, glad you had a good time at the game. Cheers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tslisher View Post
                                I'll have to watch it again, but I don't think it was that high. Crawford got both hands on it and should have made the catch.
                                I agree. Not a perfect pass but the Wilt Chamberlian stuff is pure hyperbole. Any WR worth his salt would say he should've had it. I'd put it 2 to 1 on the Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                                X