Week 4 Slate

ACC: Duke -3.5 @North Carolina
    SEC: Georgia -6.5 vs MissState
    B1G: Michigan -9.5 @Purdue
    B12: Oklahoma State -12.5 vs TCU
    P12: Utah -2.5 @Arizona
    G-5: Houston -6.5 vs Texas Tech
    WC: Notre Dame -5.5 @Michigan State
    Fuck you AA ...... once again not an easy pick in the bunch. I will have to consult my spread sheet again as I went 4/7 using it (Sean went 9/16 in his group using it) and I ended up in positive $$$ territory. And, of course, the Ouija Board
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, there have been some tough slates.

Interesting games, nonetheless.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So, here's an example of how Sean's spread sheet works.

ESPN's Efficiency (read Power) rankings are out.

M is 71.9, Purdue is 80.9. The difference being 9.0

The spread is 9.5; the difference between those two numbers is 0.5 in M's favor. The smaller the difference the less likely picking M ATS is a reliable pick (a winner so to speak). M was favored ATS last week in this analysis but I went opposite the pick and instead picked AF. Who-the-fuck knows ...... which is why talent, of all people, is done.

Lesson: never listen to anything the talent has to say. AA, you did not follow that lesson and you too are done, heh!
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You realize Vegas basically uses a similar numbers game as those ratings to come up with spreads, right?

Comment

• A gloating Buchanan is an ugly Buchanan. Imagine what he will be like if he manages to get in the top 5!

Unseemly.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              You realize Vegas basically uses a similar numbers game as those ratings to come up with spreads, right?
              Yep ...... except, as you know, the books change the betting line to encourage bets until the line closes. AA's line is fixed. The wider that margin gets before the betting line closes the probability of the favorite ATS based on those numbers increases ..... sometimes. CFB and all that.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 18, 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                A gloating Buchanan is an ugly Buchanan. Imagine what he will be like if he manages to get in the top 5!

Unseemly.
                If this were real money, yes, definitely. But it's not. So I'll just watch this system do what it is supposed to do whihc is to beat the 51% mark. Historically it hits around 60% so, it appears to have some validity. It's a fun game. But I would never bet real money in any case. My perception is the books make all the money and the gamblers lose it.

Comment

• OSU 1000
                  MissState 1000

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• North Carolina 1000
                    Utah 1000

Comment

• I generally stay away from betting the Spartans, I never have any idea. But they are playing their biggest rival, so objectivity be damned! I do think getting 5.5 at home is pretty good.

Michigan $1000
                      MSU $500

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        If this were real money, yes, definitely. But it's not. So I'll just watch this system do what it is supposed to do whihc is to beat the 51% mark. Historically it hits around 60% so, it appears to have some validity. It's a fun game. But I would never bet real money in any case. My perception is the books make all the money and the gamblers lose it.
                        Flat betting games and only winning 51% of your wagers is losing. Traditionally, 52.4% is considered break even.

Comment

• shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Michigan 2000
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• AA, I only lost $3,000 last week, not 3,500.

I'll shoot the wad on Purdue $4,500
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                                AA, I only lost $3,000 last week, not 3,500.

I'll shoot the wad on Purdue $4,500

Apologies. I'll note the correction on this slate. As always, check your results. I will make a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X